IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR #7: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 6th time!

Everyone voting for SSOASS is a lunatic. It does the atmospheric middle section leagues better than Rime, and the instrumental section afterwards to the end are some of the very best minutes of music that Maiden has ever written.
At this point in the game and with these top-notch songs on the list, the little preferences made the choice. I agree with what you said about SSOASS. Both middle sections are unique and cool imo. The instrumental secitons of all songs on the list are some of Maiden's best imo.

Everyone voting for SSOASS is a lunatic. It does the atmospheric middle section leagues better than Rime, and the instrumental section afterwards to the end are some of the very best minutes of music that Maiden has ever written.

The second part you're right about, but the out of rhythm Casio choirs in the subdued section are a personal pet peeve of mine and the drunken charm of the main pre-chorus and chorus leave something to be desired.

The last three minutes are sublime and elevate it so much I'm not voting against it, but I get the people that do.

SSOASS is pretty much perfect and definitely should be getting getting voted out over Hallowed or HoE. Rime is still better though.

Hell On Earth? I don't get the fuss about this one. It's not even in my top 30 and the same goes for Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son...

Of Seventh Son, Alex, and Hell on Earth, I would say I slightly prefer Hell on Earth (it's close between that and Seventh Son) but none of them have any business in the top ten IMO.

I can't believe the voting trajectory is suggesting that Hallowed won't just not win, but it won't even make the top two. Really pleased with this development, though.

Well, that's not really how it works. When the top vote-getters are eliminated those voters are going to start voting for other songs, it's no guarantee that the 13 voters who voted for Seventh Son and not Hallowed are all going to start voting for Hallowed. It could easily top out at 9 voters while Powerslave and Rime eventually get eliminated.

VWXiuO7.jpg

Top 10
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
07. Caught Somewhere In Time
08. Wasted Years
09. The Book Of Souls
10. The Trooper

You can only vote for 2 songs now.

Back