IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR #7: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 6th time!

VWXiuO7.jpg

Top 10
The Book Of Souls
10. The Trooper

The Book Of Souls lost the tiebreaker against Wasted Years, based on the average number of votes.

• Powerslave
  • Caught Somewhere In Time
  • Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

Ok guys, Hell On Earth is great. But the best reunion era song? That's a massive stretch imo.

Even as a reunion fan (which might then imply this might be the best Maiden song ever), I have absolutely no problem with it being this popular.

It's definitely not as good as Dance of Death...
...oh, wait, okay, that one's gone.
So, not as good as The Legacy...
oh, right, sure...

Outside of reunion era, It's better than all the remaining SIT songs which don't seem to be able to die.

And it's better than Hallowed and worse than Rime and both have the same amount of votes right now.

Caught Somewhere In Time
Wasted Years
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

Seventh Son only because I like the other songs a bit more - a perfect song with a perfect chorus(!) and an EPIC instrumental section.

Ok guys, Hell On Earth is great. But the best reunion era song? That's a massive stretch imo.
Not for me, although the Reunion era is full of masterpieces (like Dance Of Death, Empire to name a few). ^I would have said that about Book Of Souls, although it wouldn't be fair either because it's a fantastic song. It's perfectly normal Hell On Earth to be in the Top 10, an amazing song, a modern classic for the band and I expected it. The overall material is so strong.

I wonder if we were to have 3 SIT at this stage without that Tour going on.
I think at least 1 (or 2). We need to check the results of past Survivors. For me only Wasted Years is a surprise entry in a way - I expected another epic or Aces High. Caught Somewhere In Time is liked a lot, not to mention Alexander. SIT is a popular album.

Back