1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron Maiden songs – a rough overview of their “live history”

Discussion in 'Commentary Discussion' started by Forostar, Jan 24, 2008.

1. srfc

srfc Educated Fool

I'm another 1991 fan, and ARLO was the first album I bought rather than taped off a mate, loved it when it came out and played it non stop for months. ARDO not so much, I remember thinking how wimpy the riff from Two Minutes to Midnight sounded, how sloppy Where Eagles Dare was and how vastly inferior the songs were to the versions on Live After Death. But the version of Hallowed on it, is still for me the definitive version.

Haven't listened to either in a long time though. I think that has a lot to do with the fact that the songs are mixed and matched from different gigs and are shoe horned into one album being before LAD and the other after it. It makes them feel not like a real album.

Forostar likes this.
  2. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

Very interesting. Which bootlegs do you prefer from the 1992 and/or 1993 tour?

3. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

I have fond memories of the Bremen 1993 bootleg, but it's been ages since I have listened to it.

4. GhostofCain

I am listening to ARDO at the moment and had forgotten about the 2MTM riff (your comment is spot on).

It feels like a compilation of live tracks (with very poor production) more than a real live album.

The fact that Maiden released these poorly produced albums suggests that nobody in Maiden-land dared to criticise anything Steve did back then. It is not surprising that they have not re-released them with the last batch of vinyl releases.

5. Perun

Perun Climbing like a monkey Staff Member

This is a legit discussion, guys, but do you mind if we move that to another thread?

srfc likes this.
  6. GhostofCain

Sorry for going off topic!

srfc likes this.
  7. srfc

srfc Educated Fool

The dublin gig was the first one I was at, and luckily the boot was pretty good as the standards of that tour go. Don't check out the Torino gig!

Forostar likes this.
  8. GhostofCain

Being spat on is not nice.

srfc likes this.
  9. Perun

No need to be sorry, just thinking of the future when we want to use this thread for reference.

10. Perun

11. GhostofCain

12. srfc

srfc Educated Fool

I'd completely forgotten that, I remember it being discussed at time (one of the "anonymous" accounts on there might even be my old account), it's a shame the links Gor has for the two other threads don't work anymore.

My speculation is they knew they were going to release Donington anyway as they had taped it for video, so they pretended it was from Mannheim instead, although that would ask the question as to why not use another version of BQOBD?