Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

I don’t blame them becoming a brand to be honest. If people want to pay them to slap their logo on something then why not take the money.

Plus I’m sure they’ve got an eye on retirement and ways to rake in the bucks once the music stops.

I don’t blame them becoming a brand to be honest. If people want to pay them to slap their logo on something then why not take the money.

Plus I’m sure they’ve got an eye on retirement and ways to rake in the bucks once the music stops.
The merch will sell probably for centuries. That's all the retirement plan they need. No need to be greedy and cheapen yourself by being a "brand". I'm sure Bruce hates that label.

Have to say I prefer the many brand tie-ins popping up to Bruce inserting Trooper Beers into the Wasted Years chorus, if its external to the music then at least its easy enough to ignore if you're not interested.

I pay zero attention to these brand associations and it in no way cheapen the music for me. I'd say most of the band, the music makers, have fuck all to do with these associations. Maybe a simple moral question like "does anyone have any moral objection to ski goggles?"

Plus, I'm probably part of the problem. I stream my Maiden for the most part these last few years and I'm sure the decreased revenue from albums is part of the reason for the proliferation of associations.

Most human beings would be happy with a little more money. I don't begrudge Maiden for seeking theirs. If they did a duet with Ed Sheeran or got Calvin Harris to remix some tune then maybe I'd question their musical integrity but as it is, I honestly believe that they make the music they want, when they want and that's all that concerns me:edmetal:

Bruce Bruce is a polymath, apparently. I'd wager he compartmentalises the art and the business. I doubt he takes the stage every night simply to enhance The Brand. If he didn't love/enjoy the art then he would be out. But he's in and he operates on the stage and in the boardroom.

I see nothing wrong with that. Say for example that hes heavily involved in this brand shit, it would probably be more enjoyable for him when the merch royalty cheques come in. He can look at it and think "That's more money than last year. I did that. My ideas and acumen have increased profits for me and my comrades."

Back