Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

About Bruce's Rise to Remain t-shirt... that's his son's band. And no, he doesn't sing like pops.  :p

So, Bruce became a fencer and wrote a song or two about sword fighting. Then he became a pilot and wrote a few songs about flying. So if Bruce is now a marketing director, then it looks like we are going to get the greatest rock song dedicated to marketing ever made.

Stan said:
About Bruce's Rise to Remain t-shirt... that's his son's band. And no, he doesn't sing like pops.  :p
is he good though? I don't get why I always read the blabbermouth comments. They always put me in a bad mood. The people on there are idiots who listen to nu metal and can't sit through a song longer than 4 minutes long. :mad:

imagine Bruce walking into a band meeting and saying "We no longer need Rod cause i'm the new manager"

Here is the spot to list all of the links to interviews, headlines, news and the like for Maiden related stuff. 

joppla said:
So, Bruce became a fencer and wrote a song or two about sword fighting. Then he became a pilot and wrote a few songs about flying. So if Bruce is now a marketing director, then it looks like we are going to get the greatest rock song dedicated to marketing ever made.

well that would certainly be something new... And if someone can make something like that sound insanely epic its Bruce  :lol: :D

RESURRECTION! I think I found the right one, @Brigantium...?

Anyway, repost from the BOS general thread:

The most interesting bits/speculation from that second interview to me are:
- the subtext of that Adrian interview reads like Adrian left the band in 1990 either because he had had enough of partying or because he liked it too much.
- gosh, Dave Murray seems like the nicest guy ever
- gosh, Janick is gonna be the coolest old man ever, I'll have to visit his town and look for him in the pub one day so that I can not say hi
- Bruce on his voice:

So that voice, the Air Raid Siren – will it sound the way it did before?
It needs time, like Doctor Who, to regenerate. It’s had a pretty good kicking from the radiation. The very top of the voice, that’s great. The low end is fine too. It’s only the only mid-range of my voice that needs some work. I might have to go to vocal rehab. I might have to take some lessons.

As a singer, I find that when I'm sick or tired, the very top of my voice is the absolute hardest to reach with any power or clarity. The transition between chest and head voice is also very hard. It's interesting that Bruce says he has no problem in his upper register, but then again, he's spent years and years flexing the hell out of that particular part of his voice.

Cheers, Mr K. It might need topping and tailing, or merging with a new thread. Thanks for bringing it up, though!

Thanks for finding the right thread. :)

The most interesting bits/speculation from that second interview to me are:
- the subtext of that Adrian interview reads like Adrian left the band in 1990 either because he had had enough of partying or because he liked it too much.

I was surprised to read that. I thought it was because he didn't like the direction the band was taking with NPFTD.

As a singer, I find that when I'm sick or tired, the very top of my voice is the absolute hardest to reach with any power or clarity. The transition between chest and head voice is also very hard. It's interesting that Bruce says he has no problem in his upper register, but then again, he's spent years and years flexing the hell out of that particular part of his voice.

Yeah, nice to read what Bruce said about his voice. I think I'm less worried after reading that. I'm confident his voice will be fine in the next 4 months.

If you make a simple equation: Adrian got his first son in 89 and wanted to settle (enough of partying and touring) + Different, not favourable music aproach = Exit

Back