Iced Earth

I know he's done a couple albums with his new band Charred Walls of The Damned. Tim Owens is the vocalist. I've only heard a few songs so far but they were really awesome. The drumming sounds fuckin great.

Oh yes, that's by far the best thing Ripper Owens ever did. Although I like Jugulator, Glorious Burden and Framing Armageddon, CWOTD's music fits him the best.

I doubt Christy would come back, he surely earns much more with Howard Stern than he'd ever earn with Iced Earth. It'd be a downgrade for him for sure.

I'd love to check out Ripper's football bar/music venue "Rippers Rock House" in his hometown of Akron OH, but, I'm a bit far from OH and it's not worth going all the way out there just for it... Looks like an awesome place for people who live around there though:)

Oh yes, that's by far the best thing Ripper Owens ever did. Although I like Jugulator, Glorious Burden and Framing Armageddon, CWOTD's music fits him the best.

I doubt Christy would come back, he surely earns much more with Howard Stern than he'd ever earn with Iced Earth. It'd be a downgrade for him for sure.

That's the problem, he doesnt make much money with playing in bands. He's said on Howard Stern more then once that he could barely live with what he made from bands like Death and Iced Earth. That makes me wonder when we'll see more from CWOTD.

I know he's done a couple albums with his new band Charred Walls of The Damned. Tim Owens is the vocalist. I've only heard a few songs so far but they were really awesome. The drumming sounds fuckin great.
Just checked them for the first time. Very good!
Interesting that Ripper used two Iced Earth assiociates, from before the time he joined IE!

Last edited:
If we're talking "best of Ripper Owens" this belongs here somewhere. Great band actually. His performance on this record no doubt a factor in him becoming the Judas Priest front man after Halford....And when you listen, you can tell why!

Last edited:
There's a 2CD reissue with a bunch of live renditions.

Ripper better get that frickin Beyond Fear CD out this year... Or the Project Rock. Or Charred Walls. Or something.

Yupppp Ripper postad 11 hours ago that both charred Walls and project Rock are coming down

Right on Mosh.

And definitely the performance that "sold" Judas Priest on Ripper....
No. That was a live performance of his work in a Priest cover band (Winter's Bane changed into "British Steel") that Scott Travis came across, and then his audition which had them stunned.

Last edited:
You mean Christy, it's his band, not Ripper's :p Christy wrote everything including lyrics.
Cheers, didn't know it was Christy's band. Well, it makes sense, because the songwriting is good. Makes it even more interesting (and a sort of a fuck you to Schaffer).

Back