How would you feel?

SandMaN

Ancient Mariner
I bought Metallica tickets on august 29 for the show on October 25, as I said in a topic I started some time ago.
On friday 17 they said they wont come to south america and japan because they are "mental and fisically tired"....
How would you feel if a band you like do this to you???
How would you feel if it happens with maiden?

Man, that sounds pretty crappy. I know I have been wanting to see Maiden for a few years now and this will be my last chance it looks like...if they cancelled the show I was going to I would be pretty 'kin pissed.

I actually thought of you Sandman when I heard about that. I remember your thread about the show you were going to. Sucks man.

If Maiden does it I'll be extremely pissed but live with it. I just hope they play out here this tour.

That's crap. Cancel a whole tour, leaving a lot of sad fans behind cause they are "mental tired"! You can't do that! It's not fair to the fans! [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

If I say in my work that i'm mental tyred they fire me...
And they sell 60000 tickets here and say they wont come...
And, you may note that for us is really expensive to buy these tickets. They cost 20 dollars and I earn 250, almost 10% of my pay. I bought tickets for friends who were comming from more than 1000 kilometers...

I hope Maiden never do this.

I'm not at all surprised that Metallica cancelled their tour. Like Hetfield, I'm also a recovering alcoholic/drug addict. The difference between me and him is just that I've been sober longer (it'll be 10 years next February). Getting sober after years of hard drinking is more difficult than can be put into words. I still remember how hard and draining my first 2 years of recovery were. Cancelling the tour is the right thing for Hetfield personally. To be honest, they shouldn't have toured at all; they should have waited till next year when Hetfield could handle it. I'm sorry for all the fans (esp. Sandman) who got screwed over by this.

as far as my knowledge goes, none of the maiden players now are in any addiction....

excuse me if i'm wrong [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'd be shocked if anyone in Maiden has any unhealthy addictions. Their devotion to physical fitness is well known. And wasn't alcoholism one of the reasons they canned DiAnno?

Healthy addictions they probably have: writing great songs, playing kick-ass concerts... [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Oct 21 2003, 01:55 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Oct 21 2003, 01:55 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I'm not at all surprised that Metallica cancelled their tour. Like Hetfield, I'm also a recovering alcoholic/drug addict. The difference between me and him is just that I've been sober longer (it'll be 10 years next February). Getting sober after years of hard drinking is more difficult than can be put into words. I still remember how hard and draining my first 2 years of recovery were. Cancelling the tour is the right thing for Hetfield personally. To be honest, they shouldn't have toured at all; they should have waited till next year when Hetfield could handle it. I'm sorry for all the fans (esp. Sandman) who got screwed over by this. [/quote]
Good point, but if they are so tired, why announce a tour?

And I think SandMaN made a great comment in his first sentence!

First of all, I want to congratulate you, SinisterMinisterX, for not drinking for 10 years. I think this ir REALLY difficult. Congratulations again.
Now they're saying they'll come in december, but it wont be the same. They failed us.

I hope Maiden members are not addicted to any bad thing... I dont know if it happens to you, but I admire them for their music and for their knowledge, for how they are....

Iron Maiden never let any fan down. Remember, the members of Maiden are at least 10 years older than the members of metallica. Maiden would'nt cancel a tour. Maiden would announce that they werent doing one before they cancel one. I would'nt say Maiden are addicts but they do drink quite often just not to the point of no return...mostly Nicko..lol. But they are in fine shape over-all i think.

[!--QuoteBegin-Frank McMaiden+Oct 21 2003, 07:01 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Frank McMaiden @ Oct 21 2003, 07:01 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Iron Maiden never let any fan down. [/quote]
Maybe you should read [a href=\'http://www.maidenfans.com/imc/?url=rants/rant12&lang=eng&link=features\' target=\'_blank\']this little piece of literature[/a] [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Frank McMaiden+Oct 21 2003, 11:01 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Frank McMaiden @ Oct 21 2003, 11:01 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I would'nt say Maiden are addicts but they do drink quite often just not to the point of no return...mostly Nicko..lol. [/quote]
Alcoholism has nothing at all to do with how much a person drinks - what matters is what happens when a person drinks any amount at all. Sure, Maiden have been known to put down quite a few ales on occasion. That doesn't mean anything bad, though - it just means they know how to enjoy themselves.

(Well nothing bad unless you count running over stagehands in your Jaguar ... but I haven't heard Nicko was tipsy on that occasion, just a bit enraged. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

Mav - I think they announced the tour by force of habit. Whatever bad things you can say about their last few records, no one can deny that Metallica tour long and hard as a way of life. They're just now coming to the realization that as one gets older, long tours become harder ... the same realization that Maiden is having to face. A lot of credit is due to Maiden for holding up on the road for so many years; as you pointed out, Maiden's been touring hard for longer than Metallica.

and SandMaN: thanks! I hope you do enjoy the December show. I haven't seen Metallica since 1988 because the ticket prices are so ridiculously high, but word is they still put on a hell of a show.

sorry to hear abt this, SandMan..hope they come in Dec and make u forget ur disappointment...keep ur head up, mate, all will work out...

cheers...

Here's a funny story about Davey and alcohol. it's taken from maidenfinland.com

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Occasionally - only very, very occasionally, mind you - Dave Murray has been known to suddenly turn himself into Pete Townsend on-stage and begin smashing up his guitar before hurling it into the audience.
"I've only done it a couple of times, either when I was pissed, pissed off, or more probably a mixture of both," says Dave grinning sheepishly. "And each time I've done it I've immediately regretted it five minutes later." "The first time Davey went mad and threw his guitar into the audience was on one of our first trips to Europe to play at a festival on Finland,"

Steve Harris takes up the story. "We were on late in the afternoon, but we'd got there really early for some reason, and because we were bored we all started drinking - Davey especially," he smiles.

"When we got on-stage and started playing, Davey was so drunk he kept making little mistakes, all the time getting more and more pissed off with himself. And then the crowning glory came when he was walking backwards and suddenly fell over!

"He struggled to his feet, picked up his guitar and threw it into the audience! His best guitar, too! All the roadies had to go scrambling into the audience to get the guitar back. It was chaos, but I just had to laugh. He was in such a state, completely disgusted with himself."

[/quote]
this was back in 1980, so i dont think we'll experience this again. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:rolllol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolllol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolllol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

My dear friends, yesterday Metallica announced they are not comming to South America and Japan, neighter in december. They'll give our money back.
Argentine press is really dissapointed about that. In every newspaper they yell about Metallica. And whats more, they are in Rolling Stone magazine cover. There, they said that they felt themselves as a new band and that they love argentinians.
I'm not happy at all... Really.

I read a note in a newspaper about this cancellation, and at the end it said that after the big crisis we're living here, many international bands were returning to Argentina. They mentioned the possibility of Iron Maiden in March 04. I couldnt believe it. Thats my biggest hope.

Back