Historical Figures 20 Questions

4. Was he a politician of a political entity that, in the broadest sense, still exists?

Was this politician a member of the Roman Empire?  By which I mean, a politician who's activities primarily took place within the Roman Empire between 1 AD and 476 AD, when Rome fell, including until 476 AD the Eastern Roman Empire centred on Constantinople?

7. Yes, the person was a Roman Emperor.

You got that far quick enough. Too bad there were more than 13 Roman Emperors. You still have to be clever. :bigsmile:

8. Yes. He didn't fiddle while Rome burned.

Note: Nero did not fiddle while Rome burned, either. That's a myth - the fiddle wasn't even invented back then.

But this Emperor is indeed considered a good one.

And I see at the top of the page that Shadow is online now. He hasn't disappeared after all!

Too bad my question is partly answered by that, but I think it's still worth asking:

Was he one of the "Five Good Emperors" (Nerva, Trajan, Hadrian, Antoninus Pius, Marcus Aurelius)?

I just want to point out that Augustus, Tiberius, Claudius & Galba were born before 1 AD.

When he became emperor, was he the only person to carry the title?

national acrobat said:
Was he one of the "Five Good Emperors" (Nerva, Trajan, Hadrian, Antoninus Pius, Marcus Aurelius)?

11. No, he was not one of those five.
And my apologies for not knowing such a list existed.
Nonetheless, it remains true that this Emperor is generally considered good.

LooseCannon said:
I just want to point out that Augustus, Tiberius, Claudius & Galba were born before 1 AD.

Thank you for sharing.
I check dates of birth before answering questions about such things.
Don't underestimate The Minister, punk. :p

Perun said:
When he became emperor, was he the only person to carry the title?

12. No.

Constantine.

(To Loosey: Constantine became emperor in 306, but he was not the only one. He became sole emperor in 324.)

Back