Historical Figures 20 Questions

Folks, it's time for some pointers on 20 Questions strategy...

Zare said:
Here's a question that doesn't interfere with SMX's one.

Is this person a male or female?

I asked if the person was in the military. Wait for the answer to that - if yes, it means the person is male.

Perun said:
Is this person portrayed on your current avatar?

LC had already said the person's period of influence ended before 1957.
Ike was US President through January 1961.

Two tips:
1. Consider the implications of pending questions.
2. Remember the information already given.

SinisterMinisterX said:
I asked if the person was in the military. Wait for the answer to that - if yes, it means the person is male.

Fucking sexist.  What if I was referring to Joan d'Arc?

Forostar said:
Was he born in the 18th century?

10.  No.  He was not born in the 18th century (1701-1800).
Going back to #3, I also want to make a minor correction.  The European Communities came into force Jan 1, 1958, not 1957, so we'll use that as the date.  I apologize for any confusion.

Perun said:
Was he German?

12.  No, he wasn't German.

QUOTE:
"When the [man's nation] infantry encounters a minefield, they attack exactly as if it was not there."

LooseCannon said:
Fucking sexist.  What if I was referring to Joan d'Arc?

Sexist my ass. I'm well aware of her - including that she lived in the 1400s, and we know your person was born after 1600. If she were a possible answer, I wouldn't have made my above assertion.

Don't underestimate the Minister, punk. :p

I would not have got that in a million years! History has never been my best subject.

It is Georgy Zhukov!

Marshal Zhukov of the Soviet Union was the commander who is most generally credited for developing the Soviet strategies that won the Great Patriotic War.  Zhukov served against the Austro-Hungarian Empire in the First World War, decorated for bravery.  He joined the Bolsheviks after the war and was lauded as a peasant hero.  Marshal Zhukov commanded Soviet forces in their undeclared Manchurian War of 1938-39 vs. the Japanese, defeating the forces there.  He survived the late 30s purge and became prominent in the run-up to Operation Barbarossa.  Demoted after disagreeing with Stalin, Zhukov successfully defended Leningrad, then Moscow, and eventually orchestrated the destruction of the German 6th Army in Stalingrad.

Zhukov led the Soviet forces all the way to Berlin, and it was forces under his command that captured the Reichstag.  Zhukov was popular, and as such was removed from power after the war.  He was restored to favour by Khruschev and orchestrated the invasions of Hungary in the 50s.

SMX's turn.

Impressive record. He even got the Virtuti Militari (Poland's highest military decoration for valor in the face of the enemy and one of the oldest military decorations in the world still in use). I live one street away from the Zjoekovlaan (Zhukov avenue)! Mine is called Montgomerylaan. ;)

I apologize.  I don't use the term AD automatically.

In that case, is the person born before January 1st, 0 AD?

0 CE, then.  Douchebag.
Okay.  So was this person's prime area of influence politics related?

IE, Jesus Christ/Mohammed/Joseph Smith, while they had major political ramifications, would be considered religious.
Julius Caesar, while was known for his generalship, would likely be considered political.

50/50 splits can be indicated.

Back