Heaven and Hell - The Devil You Know

Re: Heaven and Hell

Shrike said:
I really want to see a Maiden/Heaven & Hell tour. But it'd never happe :p

I've seen both on the same day at the same festival.

http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?topic=14996.0

Too bad you've missed them. :/

A video clip of HEAVEN AND HELL performing the song "The Mob Rules" — taken from the upcoming "Live At Radio City Music Hall" DVD — has been made available for viewing at www.spv.de (Real Media). -->
http://www.spv.de/ra/heaven_hell_mob_rules-2.ram

The track "Shadow of the Wind" from the same DVD can be seen at Headbanger's Blog. -->
http://headbangersblog.mtv.com/2007/08/ ... -the-wind/

O man, that "The Mob Rules" solo part is awesome (also the music behind the solo!)

TONY IOMMI: 2008 BLACK SABBATH Tour Not Set 'In Stone' Yet - Aug. 30, 2007 

Gary Graff of Billboard.com reports: There's plenty of talk about a BLACK SABBATH reunion for 2008. It's just not coming from the band members themselves. Guitarist Tony Iommi tells Billboard.com that even though "everybody's been talking to me" about the much-reported regrouping, "there's nothing in stone at all. It's very loose, so we'll see what happens."

Sharon Osbourne, original frontman Ozzy Osbourne's wife and manager, indicated earlier this year that SABBATH would be working together in 2008, and recently confirmed that "we're definitely talking to the guys." She hopes to further the discussions while Ozzy is on the road this fall on his post-Ozzfest tour with ROB ZOMBIE and as Iommi and bassist Terry "Geezer" Butler finish up their HEAVEN AND HELL tour with Ronnie James Dio.

Iommi says he'd like to see any SABBATH reunion involve some new music; the group's original lineup hasn't released a full set of fresh material since 1978's "Never Say Die!", though it did include a couple of new tracks on the 1998 live album "Reunion".

"I've been going on for a few years now saying I think we should've done an album a long time ago," Iommi explains. "It would be nice to do one, but, again, it's having the time to do it. I haven't written an album with Ozzy for a long time, so we'll have to see how long that'll take, and what it involves."

Read more at Billboard.com.  ---->
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/art ... 1003633238

It seems Dio is not always the nicest guy in rock and roll:

(source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=81899 )
A video clip of legendary heavy metal vocalist Ronnie James Dio (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW, HEAVEN AND HELL) apparently calling ex-DIO and current DEF LEPPARD guitarist Vivian Campbell "a fucking asshole" and saying that "I hope he fucking dies" in reference to his former bandmate can be viewed here -->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOwZBo8FQvo (video courtesy of celebrity-signing on eBay).

The two-minute clip was shot on March 30, 2007 while Ronnie was signing autographs for fans after HEAVEN AND HELL's show at the Radio City Music Hall in New York City.

During the recording one fan can be heard telling Ronnie, "I saw Vivian Campbell about a year ago…" before Dio cuts him off by saying, "Oh, you poor son of a bitch. I hope he fucking dies. He's a fucking asshole." The same fan can then be heard telling Dio that "he [Vivian] said he wants to play [the RAINBOW classic] 'Man on a Silver Mountain' again" before another fan states, "I bet he wants to get back together." Shaking his head, Ronnie can be heard saying, "He's got two fucking chances. He's a piece of shit. You ever heard the things he ever said about me?
( http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=16317 )
He called me the most despicable human being that ever lived. I went, 'I thought I gave you a chance and made you somebody. And now you're playing with who? DEF fucking who?' There's a fucking rock band for you to fucking have diarrhea with."

I'm seeing them Thursday night!!!! With Alice Cooper and Queensryche!!!!!

Bloody lucky bastard!
Forostar said:
During the recording one fan can be heard telling Ronnie, "I saw Vivian Campbell about a year ago…" before Dio cuts him off by saying, "Oh, you poor son of a bitch. I hope he fucking dies. He's a fucking asshole."

I love how that fan replies with "He really is a fucking asshole, Ronnie", as if he was about to say: "He is a fucking asshole, my lord and master. Whatever you say is right and doubtlessly the one and only truth, o reason why I live."

Perun said:
Bloody lucky bastard!
I love how that fan replies with "He really is a fucking asshole, Ronnie", as if he was about to say: "He is a fucking asshole, my lord and master. Whatever you say is right and doubtlessly the one and only truth, o reason why I live."

I know :D

As for the quote from the fan. I don't take it like that at all. For example I think John Schaffer is a HUGE prick, but I still go to his concerts/signings, etc. If I told a friend or whoever, I saw Iced Earth this summer and they interrupt with "man that Schaffer dude is a real asshole" I would have no problems agreeing with them wholeheartedly :D

HEAVEN AND HELL To Record New Album In 2008 - Oct. 26, 2007 

HEAVEN AND HELL — the band featuring BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi and bassist Geezer Butler, singer Ronnie James Dio, and drummer Vinny Appice (BLACK SABBATH, DIO) — is currently in discussions with various record labels about recording a brand new studio album in 2008, Butler has confirmed to Black-Sabbath.com. More information will be made available soon.

-------------

Excellent news, I hoped for it, but I never thought it would happen, at least not this soon. I thought that Iommi and Butler would be around with that zombie again, and Ronnie with his own band Dio.  :yey:

Right now on http://www.black-sabbath.com/news/index.html (unofficial site, but the dude, who's going mental of this news, has strong contacts with Geezer Butler, and has always had the most inside information):

October 26, 2007
Holy shit! New Heaven & Hell album in 2008!
This is a complete 100% about face from everything I've been told. Since this project was started, I've been told not to expect anything past the tour, which ends in November. It was all about Dio going to do a new Magica album, etc, etc, etc... Well, spin my nipple nuts and send me to Alaska - it looks like we're getting a new Black Sabbath Heaven & Hell album in 2008, from Dio / Iommi / Butler / Appice. Normally I wouldn't update sites on my anniversary, but this news was too hot to hold back. :)

Re: Heaven and Hell to record new album in 2008!

I split the thread, creating a new "Black Sabbath" one in the Metalfans forum.

TONY IOMMI 'Putting Riff Ideas Together' For HEAVEN AND HELL Album - Jan. 28, 2008 

Author/journalist Joel McIver interviewed Tony Iommi (BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN AND HELL) last week for Total Guitar magazine. An excerpt from the chat follows:

Total Guitar: Is it true that HEAVEN AND HELL are writing songs for a new studio album?

Iommi: Yes, we will be. I'm just putting some riff ideas together now. Then Ronnie [James Dio, vocals] will come over to my house and off we go. We're really looking forward to it, I'm interested to see what will come up. When we've got the basic ideas for the songs ready, we'll probably go over to L.A. and rehearse with the other guys.

Total Guitar: You've been asked about the possibility of a new HEAVEN AND HELL album since the project was announced two years ago. Have you just recently made the decision to record again then?

Iommi: Yes. We talked about it on the last part of the tour. In Japan I said to Ronnie, "Are you up for doing a new album, or what?" and everybody seems really keen to do it.

Total Guitar: Presumably this new album pushes any new recordings from the Ozzy Osbourne-led lineup of BLACK SABBATH further into the future?

Iommi: It does, yes. This project will be a lot quicker, because it makes sense to go into a HEAVEN AND HELL album soon after the tour — while it's still remembered, really.

Total Guitar: Ten years ago I bet you wouldn't have predicted that you'd now be recording a new album as HEAVEN AND HELL, right?

Iommi: No! You just never know. It's been like that for our whole lives, to be honest with you. We do things because they seem like a good idea at the time.

Visit www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk to buy the Total Guitar issue (TG175) containing the entire Tony Iommi interview.

A three-minute video clip containing highlights from HEAVEN AND HELL's October 19, 2007 press conference at the Hard Rock Café in Tokyo — taken during the group's "Ambassadors of Rock" tour of Japan — can be viewed here.

-----
(Appice sure has some humor ha! :) )

Forostar, can't you post news items from Bravewords or some other place? I always get the urge to blow something up and disembowel the survivors when I see a Blabbermouth article. :(

Perun said:
Forostar, can't you post news items from Bravewords or some other place? I always get the urge to blow something up and disembowel the survivors when I see a Blabbermouth article. :(

To be honest, I don't know that site. Are they as good, or better: as fast (we're speaking of news indeed) as Blabbermouth? The thing is, as far as I know, every metal news site takes from Blabbermouth, is slower than Blabbermouth. So basically any other site would be 2nd rate in my point of view!  :p
(edit: I just checked it, and no, it didn't really convince to be honest. Too many different categories / too much clicking / chaotic ordening and lay-out)

But Blabbermouth isn't that bad, you just have to ignore the reactions below these articles.

BTW, it might be me, but I found that clip worth watching.

I've always preferred Bravewords (http://www.bravewords.com). They're about as fast as Blabbermouth in my experience, and features a much better selection of stories. In other words, no news about Sharon Osbourne's plastic surgery, which metal musicians date each other or any other of that tabloid crap you find at Blabbermouth.

Blabbermouth really is the Sun of Heavy Metal websites.  :down:

OK, a hotheaded post now. (Sorry but I have my weaknesses, once in a while)

I disagree with you that Bravewords is as fast. When I looked yesterday, I found this article:

Hot Flashes    

2008 Swedish Metal Awards - Winners Announced; NIGHTWISH, ARCH ENEMY, DARK TRANQUILLITY Among Honorees

Posted on Monday, January 28, 2008 at 12:26:25 EST

The 2008 Swedish Metal Awards ceremony took place Saturday night, January 6th in Falkenberg, Sweden.

The following is a list of the categories/winners:

- Hard Rock - HARDCORE SUPERSTAR (Dreamin' In A Casket)
- Death Metal - ARCH ENEMY (Rise Of The Tyrant)
- Heavy/Power Metal - SABATON (Metalizer)
- Glam/Sleaze - CRASHDIET (Unattractive Revolution)
- Punk/Hardcore - DIA PSALMA (Djupa Skogen)
- Metal - PAIN (Psalms Of Extinction)
- Alternative Metal - DARK TRANQUILLITY (Fiction)
- Newcomer - SONIC SYNDICATE
- Live Act - EUROPE
- Internantional Hard Rock - NIGHTWISH (Dark Passion Play)
- International Metal - MACHINE HEAD (The Blackening)
- International Live Act - W.A.S.P.

-----------------

The term hot flashes I find very "sunny" so to speak, and furthermore, they mostly seem to focus on bigger European bands only and not the relatively smaller ones. That last one is really important for me. I know you guys rather skip all these articles about smaller and new bands, of which you've never heard, but I'm happy with them.

Summarized: Compared to Blabbermouth, Bravewords presents the following to me:
A lack of knowledge, a lack of quality, a lack of speed, a lack of typing, stupid terms like "hot flashes". Just way and way worse.

Perhaps that last Blabbermouth article I posted wasn't the best one, but for the rest I am not Blabbermouth. I do not post everything here.

Why am I pissed off? Well, this kind of unfounded crap criticism angers me especially, because it comes from people like Shadow (and Perun also a bit) who always pretended NOT to follow the current metal scene much.
Check this topic for yourself if you want know what I mean.

Besides: Do I tell you guys what papers to read? So take it or leave it!

Chill out, Foro! Nobody ever told you not to read Blabbermouth! I'm sorry if you can't accept the fact that there are indeed people out there who disagree with you and think that Blabbermouth is a pile of shit, but you'll have to live with it.

I personally had Blabbermouth as my home page for about half a year. I don't remember when exactly I changed it, but I think it was either after their run of news items on how Dave Mustaine begs his fans to write him an SMS, or after their run of news items on every single video some arsehole put on Youtube after Michael Schenker fucked up a guitar solo, which I considered a truly disgusting assault on the dignity of a human being.
I was really tired of having to wade through piles of headlines on Tommy Lee, anything named Osbourne and the 32465th journalist stating that Cristina Scabbia is hot to find one or two articles that are actually worth reading. Sorry, but I like my news websites bullshit-free. So what if Bravewords is not updated as frequently? At least they only post news items that matter. As for the rest, I regularly read Rock Hard magazine. You know, printed media.
So yeah, I fucking hate Blabbermouth, and I personally think it shouldn't be read by anyone, but that's... warning...

[move]MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION[/move]

I'm not trying to shove it down your throat, but I always thought that boards like this are meant to express opinions. If you don't like it, tough luck. But don't call it "unfounded criticism"- as you can see above, it is very well founded, and I could go on. What I call unfounded is your claim that I don't follow the current metal scene, and your link provides nothing to prove that, rather the opposite.

Perun,

Chill out, Foro! Nobody ever told you not to read Blabbermouth! I'm sorry if you can't accept the fact that there are indeed people out there who disagree with you and think that Blabbermouth is a pile of shit, but you'll have to live with it.

I’ll live with it. But in all honestly, I find that I argumented well enough why I do not like these remarks, which were imo wrongly placed and very wrongly timed. If you have missed my point of view, I am sad to say that I can’t explain it much better.

I'm not trying to shove it down your throat, but I always thought that boards like this are meant to express opinions. If you don't like it, tough luck.

Listen, I posted news, and I find it bullshit that someone should tell me where to get it from. I have that same freedom/opinion to express this.

What I call unfounded is your claim that I don't follow the current metal scene, and your link provides nothing to prove that, rather the opposite.

This was especially directed at Shadow. However, it seems that this doesn’t matter, and that this particular “ following the current scene” thing triggered something. I might have had a wrong impression, and if that hurt or annoyed you, I wouldn’t say “tough luck” to you that easily.

Again: I am not Blabbermouth, I do not post everything from Blabbermouth. I don’t post news of Sharon or Tommy Lee all the time, aye? I also dislike those items.

So basically all your arguments about what you dislike about Blabbermouth have nothing to do with me or with my posts.

Never mind all that. It sure is good news that BLACK SABBATH are recording a new album, at last!

Yes, it's 100% happening now!
2009: Sabbath, hopefully Maiden and perhaps Priest, if they are slow as usual ;) (probably earlier)

Back