Heaven and Hell - The Devil You Know

Re: Heaven and Hell

BLACK SABBATH: 'The Dio Years' Collection Details Revealed - Feb. 8, 2007 

Together for a short but memorable time — a trio of studio albums, a classic live album, and a couple of tours — the second coming of BLACK SABBATH began in 1979 when founding members Tony Iommi and Terry "Geezer" Butler were joined by Ronnie James Dio. The former singer of ELF (and later RAINBOW and DIO) added his fiery, demonic howl to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame group's crushing mix of iconic riffs, gloomy grooves and doom-soaked imagery.

In late 2006 Dio, Iommi and Butler, joined by drummer Vinny Appice, reunited to record three new songs for Rhino Records' era-spanning collection, "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years". These recording sessions went so well that the quartet — billed as HEAVEN AND HELL — will launch a highly anticipated world tour this spring. The group will play a dozen dates in Canada in March before taking the stage of the famed Radio City Music Hall in New York City on March 30 to play their only U.S. date until the band launches a full tour of the States later this year.

The first comprehensive introduction to the band's legacy, "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years" features a dozen classic studio recordings, plus one live track — "Children Of The Sea" from 1982's "Live Evil". The collection also contains the three brand-new tracks — "The Devil Cried", "Shadow Of The Wind", and "Ear In The Wall". The disc will be available April 3 at all physical retail outlets and at www.rhino.com for a suggested list price of $18.98. The album will also be available at all digital retail outlets for a suggested retail price of $11.99.

Arranged chronologically, the compilation spotlights Dio's time with BLACK SABBATH and draws heavily from the lineup's 1980 debut and 1981 follow-up, "Heaven and Hell" and "Mob Rules" respectively. Recognized as back-to-back metal classics, the albums feature such signature songs as the title tracks, "Neon Knights", "Die Young", "Turn Up The Night" and "Voodoo". "The Dio Years" also features "After All (The Dead)", "TV Crimes" and "I" from the singer's brief reunion with SABBATH for the "Dehumanizer" album and tour.

On May 1, Rhino Handmade will release "Black Sabbath: Live At Hammersmith Odeon", which features Dio, Iommi, Butler and Appice getting hot one December night in London during SABBATH's 1981 tour for "Mob Rules". Previously unreleased, the concert spotlights SABBATH as they storm through 14 of the Dio-era's best including "Neon Knights", "Heaven And Hell", "Children Of The Sea" and "Country Girl". The band also performs several pre-Dio classics, including "Paranoid", "Children Of The Grave" and a white-hot version of "War Pigs". The album will be available from Rhino Handmade as an individually numbered limited edition of 5,000 copies, available only at www.rhinohandmade.com for a suggested retail price of $19.98.

"Black Sabbath: The Dio Years" track listing:

01. Neon Knights
02. Lady Evil
03. Heaven And Hell
04. Die Young
05. Lonely Is The Word
06. The Mob Rules
07. Turn Up The Night
08. Voodoo
09. Falling Off The Edge Of The World
10. After All (The Dead)
11. TV Crimes
12. I
13. Children Of The Sea - Live
14. The Devil Cried*
15. Shadow Of The Wind*
16. Ear In The Wall*

* Newly recorded tracks

"Black Sabbath: Live at Hammersmith Odeon" track listing:

01. E5150
02. Neon Knights
03. N.I.B.
04. Children Of The Sea
05. Country Girl
06. Black Sabbath
07. War Pigs
08. Slipping Away
09. Iron Man
10. The Mob Rules
11. Heaven And Hell
12. Paranoid
13. Voodoo
14. Children Of The Grave

This is all great news, but I'm wondering whether the release is worldwide or just in the states, or what. Thanks Forostar for posting this!

YW :)

http://www.black-sabbath.com says:

A couple of small updates on the Dio Years
I got a response back from my queries to band management about the Dio Years CD. Here's a few tidbits about things I've seen posted.

The plan is for this to be a worldwide release, unlike the North American only releases Rhino had in the last couple of years.

These songs are unedited. If you recall, last year's Greatest Hits album had Iron Man shortened a bit to fit everything on the disc. This confirms my speculation about time issues in a post from earlier this morning.

The old songs have been remastered, these are not the same versions that have been out on CD for awhile.
The tracks on this disc are the only ones remastered. If you recall, there was a 2 CD Greatest Hits package in 2002. Said 2002 remasters were culled from an overall remastering project done for 2004's Black Box. The same thing has not been done here.

No word yet on the length of the three new studio tracks; when I get that, I'll report back again.

---
And from an interview with Tony Iommi:

MetalEater.com: Can we expect the possibility of a new studio album?

Iommi: "With?"

MetalEater.com: With Dio.

Iommi: "With Dio... well, nothing's out of the question. I think... we actually talked about it when everybody was at my house here, when we were recording these three tracks. We said 'bloody hell, we could record an album at the moment' and we had to sort of stop ourselves at three songs. And at first, the record company didn't want to put three songs, and anyways, we sort of said 'we've got to have three songs', but we were already together, we could have done it and who knows? I mean, it would be nice to do an album I think. I think whatever comes now to just take it and do it, you know; I've got no boundaries at all."

rest:
http://www.metaleater.com/interviews-he ... 022007.php

cover:

BS.jpg

BLACK SABBATH: New Song 'The Devil Cried' Available For Streaming - Feb. 26, 2007 

According to Black-Sabbath.com, the new BLACK SABBATH track "The Devil Cried" is available for streaming via the Rhino Records web site. Check it out in the following formats:

Windows Media (100k)
Windows Media (56k)
Real Player
Quicktime

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=67806

cool to see 'em just before Maiden enters the stage at graspop... great news !

I saw the show in Cleveland in May and it was awesome! They closed teh show with Neon Knights, instead of opening with it. Dio's voice is always on target, I've seen him twice before and he just nails it!  :yey:

I think I'll pick up that H&H DVD soon...

the show was killer. 10/10 no questions asked!  :ok:

I'll be at this show in almost a month.

Heaven and Hell with Alice Cooper and Queensryche
Amway Arena, Orlando, FL
Sun, Sep 16, 2007 06:30 PM

Saw Queensryche last year on the Operation Mindcrime I & II tour and that was just awesome!

Never seen Dio or Cooper in action so this will be a treat as i've always like Dio over Ozzy any day.  Dio must be in his 60's by now so, i'm not missing this show for nothing!

I just purchased tickets for the heaven and hell show.  I am surprising my best friend with tickets tonight for her B-Day! 

Heaven and Hell with Alice Cooper and Queensryche
Verizon Amp, Irvine CA
Sat, Oct 6th 2007

I have seen Dio 2x in the 80's and Queensryche 4-5x. 

I have never seen Black Sabbath or Alice Cooper, nor has my BF.  So I am real excited!  Last year for my B-Day she surprised me with Asia tickets, so I am just returning the favor! Woo Hoo!

I wish Dio would go on stage with Queensrÿche and do some of the Mindcrime II stuff.

Didn't he do the Dr. X part on the Mindcrime II cd and also at a Queensryche show in LA when they were on tour last year?

TrooperEd said:
Didn't he do the Dr. X part on the Mindcrime II cd and also at a Queensryche show in LA when they were on tour last year?

Yes, Dio was Dr. X on Mindcrime II.  However, I don't remember hearing about him going on stage w/ the Ryche?  But then again you might just be right?  Did you go to the LA show?

All and all the merge would be cool as hell!

Yeah, here is the info from over at Blabbermouth "RONNIE JAMES DIO To Perform With QUEENSRŸCHE In Los Angeles - Aug. 17, 2006 

Ronnie James Dio will appear on stage with QUEENSRŸCHE on October 5 at the Gibson Amphitheater in Los Angeles to sing his part of Dr. X on the song "The Chase" from the "Operation: Mindcrime II" album.

Commented Dio: "I've been asked to reprise my performance as Dr. X on the 'Operation Mindcrime II' in a live venue. It worked out where I was able to do it for this show, and it should be quite a treat." "

It would have been a treat indeed.

I was so pissed that I missed Heaven & Hell when they were in Sweden. I saw their name on a billboard, but didn't realise that it was Dio-Sabbath :p

I got into those albums in a big way a while back, and there's some awesome stuff there. Lots of it rivalling the early Sabbath-tunes. And as much as I like Ozzy, Dio's voice has held up that much better.

I really want to see a Maiden/Heaven & Hell tour. But it'd never happe :p

Back