Genghis Khan

How good is Genghis Khan on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Genghis Khan

For such a short song it has quite an epic and proggy sound to it. Yep, the riff that kicks in at 1:47 certainly foreshadows the songwriting that was to happen on NOTB. The wailing guitar at 2:12 is hauntingly sad. 8

The Mid-Distance Runner said:
hauntingly sad.

Good description. It has some sad, melancholic feel to it. Like someone's heading towards a destination unavoidable.

An OK song. Nothing wrong with it at all, but it never really grabbed me. Six.

When he created an empire, he destroyed his family. Sad.

Their best instrumental.  Great galloping bass just like the song would suggest.  Clive did a great job on drumming. 7/10.

I always loved that song and considered it one of the two 10s out of Killers album. The drums are amazing & the sound of the guitars match perfect with the theme. Genghis Khan, is the proof that a song doesn't need a length of 8 minutes to be an epic. 10/10

This 2000th post, is dedicated to Genghis Khan, the Canadian one  ;)

8 out of 10... For some reason, this tune has never blown my hair back as much as the two other Di'anno era instrumentals, not to say it isn't a smokin' piece of music. Clive's drumming is the standout on this one for me...

______no5 said:
I always loved that song and considered it one of the two 10s out of Killers album. The drums are amazing & the sound of the guitars match perfect with the theme. Genghis Khan, is the proof that a song doesn't need a length of 8 minutes to be an epic. 10/10

This 2000th post, is dedicated to Genghis Khan, the Canadian one  ;)

Just saw this post. Thanks.  ;)

Dangit, this thread keeps confusing me when it comes up in the new posts listing.

You see, there's a secret moderator forum. And when we have a problem with a member, we start a thread there with that member's name.

So every time I see a new post in a thread titled Genghis Khan, I keep thinking "what did he do now?"  :eek:

(Like most members, there is no "Genghis Khan" thread in our mod forum. Yer just fine. :bigsmile: )

10/10, this one is second in line as my favourite instrumental... well it used to be my first, my opinion on the instrumentals does change from time to time.

10/10 I can really visualize Genghis going in to war on this one. I love that cool guitar harmony in the middle too.

Never really liked this song. That part in the middle reminds of another Maiden song, but I can't remember which. 5/10.

Back