Eddies For Clive !

Tap_Legion

Trooper
Hey guys ,

Well , I'm starting to get the Eddie pieces done , although a little slower than I anticipated...in betweeen my "real paying" work and all.

This piece below will be the 1st of 3 illustrations that I'll be auctioning off for the Clive Burr MS fund starting this weekend....I'll be donating a substantial amount of each final sale toward making his life a bit easier....This piece measures about 15x22 " and is done in acrylic....the image was taken with a 3 pixal digital camera , so the actual painting is a bit more crisp than whats shown.

So if any of you still have some money left over from seeing Maiden in Europe (I didnt !) or didnt get to go see them in your area and see them play Prowler(like me !) , please look up this piece on Ebay this Saturday and bid your little hearts out.

Thanks !

Doodle #1 :

[img src=\'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Tap_Legion/Eddie_Devilhead_reduced.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

Close up:

[img src=\'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Tap_Legion/EdnShoulders_wm.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

Your artwork is phenomenal. I'll have to see how much dough I have left after catching every date on Maidens "Eddie Rips Up Canada" tour '05. (I know it's only two dates but it sounds cooler when I tell people I saw every date on the tour).

You also get my vote to illustrate Maiden's next album cover. I'm pretty sure you could do a better job painting with your left foot than was done on the DOD cover.

Well done mate. I can't wait to see the others.

There's plenty of others.

How beautiful! I hope the auction is a success.

Amazing! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] good luck with your auctions

Brilliant as usual [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
The soul of Riggsy lives on [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Truely wonderful, although what with seeing Maiden already, and going to Leeds and Hammersmith, then going for a two week holiday to Australia at the end of the year I don't have much cash left.

Good luck though, you're got plenty of talent! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Thanks guys....here's the link to the Ebay auction....hopefully , I'll meet the goal in the amount I hope to raise by the Fall.

[a href=\'http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Eddie-Art-Iron-Maiden-Clive-Burr-MS-Fund_W0QQitemZ7340400144QQcategoryZ20158QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem\' target=\'_blank\']http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Eddie-Art-Iro...1QQcmdZViewItem[/a]

Dog: Thanks !...I did the artwork for a "Lock Up The Wolves" shirt.

7th : You think I should list my D.O.T.R. doodle on Ebay as well?

Yep. Thats really good. Definate Riggs style. I love it! I may even bid on it.

You ever tried to re-create the Powerslave cover or SIT cover on your own? That would be something.

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Aug 1 2005, 06:48 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Aug 1 2005, 06:48 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Only if it's listed as such:

DOTR: A Cover Worth Your Money
[snapback]113815[/snapback]​
[/quote]

[span style=\'color:blue\']Nicely put....lol

Or maybe list it as:[/span]DOTR (The Much Improved Version)

Bleedin' hell Tap, nice picture. I was going to bid... until I saw the price. I have the worst paying job ever and as much as I want one of your originals... I cant be bidding on this one. You've made loads so far though. Its going to a good cause [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Congratulations, I hope the price continues to rise [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Excuse me a moment while I post on the news forum about this. I think it deserves extra publicity

Added the news
Hope that made some difference. When I posted it the bid was around $130. It's now $205 [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Yeah, the DOTR one should go on ebay. Whatever art you dont want put it on there you'll probably make loads for the fund! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Bloody hell that's an amazing drawing! Better than most post-1989 Maiden artworks IMO.

It's weird Maiden don't have good covers anymore with so many talented fans who'd be more than happy to do one.

Tap, seriously, why don't you try to get the job for the next Iron Maiden album ?
Eddie will be proud of you ! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Cheers

Back