Do you play guitar?

StrangerInAStrangeLand

Ancient Mariner
I recently read that guitar was the most popular instrument to play in the world. So I wanted to find out how many people on Maidenfans.com play it and how many of you play a different instrument. I play guitar, but what about you?

well im trying to lol im learning blood brothers and sorta playing dreams of mirror lol my 13 year old bro having to teach me lol! but yeah u could say i sorta play guitar [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

You really should have included an "all of the above" option for people like me who play guitar, bass, keyboards and drums. I answered "yes", though my main instrument is bass.

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+May 26 2004, 09:59 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ May 26 2004, 09:59 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] You really should have included an "all of the above" option for people like me who play guitar, bass, keyboards and drums. [/quote]
Oops! I never thought of that.

Yes, I play guitar !!!

I think you're right, guitar is the most popular instrument to play in the world, for many reasons :

- Guitar allows you to play all music styles (jazz, reggae, country, flamenco or death metal). Not possible with a trombone !

- Guitar is a rythm instrument AND a lead instrument. So it's very complete.

- You don't need to know playing guitar and you can be famous with (look at Kurt Cobain [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

- You can easily sing while playing : try this whith a trombone !

- You can easily bang your head while playing : try this whith a trombone ! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

- The phallic symbol is evident. [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

i play guitar (i'm pretty good for a 14 year old [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

[!--QuoteBegin-tabor+May 27 2004, 11:56 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(tabor @ May 27 2004, 11:56 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] hmmm i could disagree i really think the pianio would be the most played instrument [/quote]
Put it this way:

Do you know more people who play guitar or piano?

I've played guitar for about a year and im better than a lot of people who have been playing for three years. I also play drums and bass but I dont have either.

i play leadguitar and i have for about 5yrs
i play every day for about 3-4 hours
i do play bass sometime though

[!--QuoteBegin-tabor+May 27 2004, 11:56 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(tabor @ May 27 2004, 11:56 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] hmmm i could disagree i really think the pianio would be the most played instrument [/quote]
My opinion is that piano is the most studied instrument.

But I think that guitar is the most played (even by people who never have studied it [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

Yeah i play guitar and have been doing that since i was 10 and i'm 13 now. [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I've played for two years........... Today I get a lovely new Marshall 30W.. Which is good for me because I've been using a Watson Practice 15W!

I play a Westfield... And its not easy - the neck is made of plywood! But the action is good on it and I can play some good stuff now..

Learning: Where Eagles Dare, Rainmaker (almost got it!), No More Lies (except solo [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--])

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+May 26 2004, 09:59 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ May 26 2004, 09:59 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] You really should have included an "all of the above" option for people like me who play guitar, bass, keyboards and drums. I answered "yes", though my main instrument is bass. [/quote]
apart from the keys, same here [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Actually, I'm glad I didn't put that option up because then there's all of the people who play two or three of them so I would've had to put far too many options on it. The options other than the first are for people who don't own and play a guitar. The first can be for anyone who plays a different instrument more but also plays the guitar.

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I play lead guitar, not that good but hey.
I've been playin 4 about 7 years now, and i'm only 13!

[attachment deleted by admin]

[!--QuoteBegin-Death_Dealer_+May 28 2004, 09:30 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Death_Dealer_ @ May 28 2004, 09:30 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] i play guitar (i'm pretty good for a 14 year old [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] ) [/quote]
yeah i play guitar [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Yes I play guitar and I also going to buy a bass. Am I good? I don't know because I've no-one to compaire my style to.

Back