Do you play guitar?

Yes I play guitar. Just started 2 years ago and can play 3 Maiden songs. They are kind of tough but the rhythm and power chords are alot easier. I am trying to play
the lead like Dave Murray, Damn that guy is good, and the rest of the band are just
as good. Anyone got any tab books for sale????? Drop me a note if you do and see what kind of deal we can make. Cheers MAIDEN CANADA. [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:hug:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/hug[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'hug[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Im in the process of learning lead guitar but im more a vocalist [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Eddie'sgirl+Jul 19 2004, 08:55 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Eddie'sgirl @ Jul 19 2004, 08:55 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Im in the process of learning lead guitar but im more a vocalist  [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
The opposite here. People ask me to vocalise but i always want to be playing guitar.......

I play bass!

(not very well [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

Im learning to play guitar, not that good at the moment. I have only been learning for a month, so im sure i'll get better at it.

[!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] im learning it but im sure i will try better at it im gettin a bit lax [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] but yeah i wanna learn so if there are n e teachers gimme a bell on my private msg service [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ta xx

Try to play. Played for about two years. Just learnt to play master of puppets! Havin' trouble with the solo's tough, but i havn't checked them out but like four times (at guitar pro 4). Should i learn to play by ear? Is it worth it?

[!--QuoteBegin-IndianaJones+Jul 29 2004, 04:56 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(IndianaJones @ Jul 29 2004, 04:56 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Should i learn to play by ear? Is it worth it? [/quote]
You should learn to play by ear if you aren't having any luck with internet tabs (they sure are wrong a lot). It is tough to train yourself to know exactly what notes are being played, but learning songs by ear is much more reliable.

I play electric guitar!!!!

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Yeah Electric guitar all the way!!! Invest in a phaser pedal it does WONDERS!!!
Im also thinkin of upgrading my pickups to those Minihumbucker Hotrails, so i can play Dave Murray's tricked out solos [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I´ve been only 2 years playing but I can play most maiden songs (not the solos) without any problem and i´m proud of it hahahaha... I ain´t adrian smith but at least i play better than my dog [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

PD=Don´t like pedals or effects,i love it raw

Ah yes, go the adrian route, nothing wrong with that [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
I took a liking to murrays guitar works which REQUIRES a phaser and some delay, i love guitar effects [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-jr123+Aug 1 2004, 09:44 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(jr123 @ Aug 1 2004, 09:44 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Yeah Electric guitar all the way!!! Invest in a phaser pedal it does WONDERS!!!
Im also thinkin of upgrading my pickups to those Minihumbucker Hotrails, so i can play Dave Murray's tricked out solos  [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
What does a phaser actually do?

tell me when you learn [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-jr123+Aug 1 2004, 01:43 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(jr123 @ Aug 1 2004, 01:43 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I took a liking to murrays guitar works which REQUIRES a phaser and some delay, i love guitar effects  [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
If you require effects to sound good, then you really aren't any good at all.
I have no doubt that Murray would sound fine without effects.
Your post gives me no reason to believe that you could do the same.
Learn how to play first, then apply effects after.

Back