Death On The Road Dvd

Well, I won't have a problem not buying it, because I have looked at EVERY store in my town for the past couple of weeks and nobody has it! Like most of my Maiden stuff, I'm going to have to order it online. You can find 30 copies of NOTB everywhere, but anything else Maiden is hard to find here!

[!--quoteo(post=131231:date=Mar 8 2006, 10:39 PM:name=that girl)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(that girl @ Mar 8 2006, 10:39 PM) [snapback]131231[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Well, I won't have a problem not buying it, because I have looked at EVERY store in my town for the past couple of weeks and nobody has it! Like most of my Maiden stuff, I'm going to have to order it online. You can find 30 copies of NOTB everywhere, but anything else Maiden is hard to find here!
[/quote]
The Tenth Dimension is notorious for having excess NotB CDs I have heard indeed ::

[!--quoteo(post=131231:date=Mar 8 2006, 08:09 PM:name=that girl)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(that girl @ Mar 8 2006, 08:09 PM) [snapback]131231[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
[/quote]
I thought that was going to be my problem, but I actually found it in a Walmart. I just got it last night and thankfully there was no problems playing it in my DVD player. If the DVD will work on your player it's definitly worth getting. The concert is great, the special features are great so it's a great DVD.

[!--quoteo(post=131232:date=Mar 8 2006, 03:41 PM:name=Conor)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Mar 8 2006, 03:41 PM) [snapback]131232[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
The Tenth Dimension is notorious for having excess NotB CDs I have heard indeed ::
[/quote]

Ahh, now I'm on the Killing Floor, but I still can't find it! :: Maybe I should try the Road to Hell, or perhaps Down at Little Kathy Wilson's Place (though I hear all Hell is breaking loose there)!

[!--quoteo(post=131233:date=Mar 8 2006, 10:43 PM:name=Wicker Man)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Wicker Man @ Mar 8 2006, 10:43 PM) [snapback]131233[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
If the DVD will work on your player it's definitly worth getting.[/quote]
Surely this is the problem, and indeed the paradox. You don't know if it will work on your DVD player until you buy it, by which time, if it doesn't work on your player, it is too late not to buy the DVD. ::

[!--quoteo(post=131244:date=Mar 8 2006, 09:07 PM:name=national acrobat)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(national acrobat @ Mar 8 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]131244[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Surely this is the problem, and indeed the paradox. You don't know if it will work on your DVD player until you buy it, by which time, if it doesn't work on your player, it is too late not to buy the DVD. ::
[/quote]
Well, then I guess it comes down to guessing if you think it will work in your player. If it doesn't work can you return the DVD saying it goes all screwy?

I just received my DVD, so the first thing I did was to watch Brave New World.... and, theres no problem, up til now! Now, I'm gonna watch the rest of the stuff!

Haven't got mine yet, but I'll wait til I hear more good comments about it.

I got mine a few days ago and it played great the only thing that bugged me was the editing was to fast on the first three song. But pashendale and dance of death where amzing and made up for it

And jurnyman gives me shivers when the crowds singing with bruce. IMO the best part of the dvd

[!--quoteo(post=131988:date=Mar 14 2006, 07:29 PM:name=Ghost_of_the_Navigator)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Ghost_of_the_Navigator @ Mar 14 2006, 07:29 PM) [snapback]131988[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]And jurnyman gives me shivers when the crowds singing with bruce. IMO the best part of the dvd
[/quote]
Is that a new song we've never heard about? ::

Hey mate, don't take it too personally. You just had an encounter with the resident grumpy old man! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /] Anyway, just clean up your spelling to avoid future encounters with him, just some friendly advice that's all. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=132779:date=Mar 23 2006, 12:47 PM:name=national acrobat)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(national acrobat @ Mar 23 2006, 12:47 PM) [snapback]132779[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
How about you?
[/quote]

shhh, don't wake an angry Viking

Does anyone in the UK remember when Gladiator was released on DVD. Everyone moaned because the extras disk couldn't be played on a lot of machines. This turned out to be that some players just weren't up to the task of reading the amount of info on the disc.

To me this is what has happened. If you've got a 10 year old DVD player that you bought from Tesco for £20, you'll have problems. The better (and newer) the DVD player, the more chance you have of it working as the technology is more advanced.

[!--quoteo(post=132782:date=Mar 23 2006, 02:00 PM:name=gingerbeale)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(gingerbeale @ Mar 23 2006, 02:00 PM) [snapback]132782[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
To me this is what has happened. If you've got a 10 year old DVD player that you bought from Tesco for £20, you'll have problems. The better (and newer) the DVD player, the more chance you have of it working as the technology is more advanced.
[/quote]
This isn't the point. The point is that the discs don't play on certain machines. It doesn't matter how much the machines cost or what brand they are, the DVD should be able to play on any platform for any Maiden fan. Why is there "too much data" on the discs? I suppose this should mean the new discs are superior to older ones when there wasn't anything wrong with them in the first place [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"-_-\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sleep.gif\" /]

In the same vein, I could ask you: Why doesn't it run on a VCR? Why can't I read the Maiden Website without having internet? Come on...

[!--quoteo(post=132795:date=Mar 23 2006, 04:43 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Mar 23 2006, 04:43 PM) [snapback]132795[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
In the same vein, I could ask you: Why doesn't it run on a VCR? Why can't I read the Maiden Website without having internet? Come on...
[/quote]
If DVDs have always worked on the "older" models, why do they have to change all of a sudden? It isn't as though they are better quality or something.

It's like saying... I used to be able to view the Iron Maiden website on my dial up connection but it stopped working all of a sudden.

Answer from emi England

The question was when and how will we know about the correct disc:

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, after the meeting with Sanctuary the other week it was decided to put an announcement on the IM website but because we want to include a timeline for replacement discs I was asked to get all territories' info as to who needs replacement discs, how many, how they want them replaced, who doesn’t have any problems etc so we had the worldwide picture.

I contacted 49 territories individually and I'm still waiting for two of them to get back to me. I gave an update to Sanctuary last night. As soon as we have those other two market's info's we can get moving.

I'm really sorry about how long this is all taking. Its because we have to cover for every single market and its unbelievable how different the picture is between territories. Half the world has no problem at all, some markets have loads of problems and some have only had a few returns.

I am chasing France and Portugal daily to get their information. If we still don’t have anything by tomorrow I will ask my boss or Mike Allen to step in

Back