Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ann Wilson's guitar intro

That's Nancy playing. ;) Great performance by both sisters. Close call, as the U2 track is pretty great too. But I'll go with Heart.

Free Fallin' is an easy choice over one of the weakest synth-heavy Van Halen tracks ever.
The Cars are also an easy choice for me here.
Voting for Let It Be, even though I've been on a bit of a Bowie kick lately, and right now I'd rather listen to Heroes -- but, c'mon. That live Beatles performance, and Paul's singing, is goosebump-inducing. As an aside, I disagree with SMX, I don't like this Live Aid arrangement of "Heroes" nearly as much as the original. {EDIT: nor as much as this version, with Queen and Mick Ronson at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert. Don't mean to one-up. Seeing the tally, this looks like the end for "Heroes," and I wanted people to have a chance to see it.}

Last edited:
Classic Rock Mega-Knockout: 256 to 128, Round 11 of 32

These songs battle for the #22 position...

B22.png

"With Or Without You" (U2) [22] vs. "Thunderstruck" (AC/DC) [235]
"With Or Without You", live in 1987:

"Thunderstruck", live in 1991:

"My Generation" (The Who) [107] vs. "All Apologies" (Nirvana) [150]
"My Generation", live in 1967:
("I Can See For Miles" at the start; legendary band intro at 3:15; "My Generation" at 5:10; instrument destruction at 7:25)

"All Apologies", live in 1993:

"Paint It Black" (The Rolling Stones) [43] vs. "Rockin' In The Free World" (Neil Young) [299]
"Paint It Black", live in 2006:
(Old vids are mimed with Mick's vocal live. Got to go to a modern vid for genuine live.)

"Rockin' In The Free World", live in 1989:

"Under The Bridge" (Red Hot Chili Peppers) [86] vs. "Every Breath You Take" (The Police) [171]
"Under The Bridge", live in 1992:

"Every Breath You Take", live in 1983:

One day left for Round 8
Also open: Round 9 . Round 10

My votes:

I really wish both songs in the first pair could move on. They're both great. Thunderstruck
The Nirvana song is very good, but I have to honor the bass solo. My Generation
This Neil Young song has got to go. Paint It Black
Fourth pair is another brutal match. Love the Chilis but the other song is better. Every Breath You Take

All the underdogs except The Who -- it's tough to think of a song that captures the ethos of rock & roll better than "My Generation"

U2 can have a vote. My Generation makes me think of smug London trendies, so Nirvana, even if the vocals are particularly strained here. Paint It Black, absolutely fantastic song. Police.

AC/DC
Who
PAINT IT BLACK
I'm voting for The Police, but I hate that you have made me choose between these two bands as they are both terrible.

Classic Rock Mega-Knockout: 256 to 128, Round 15 of 32

These songs battle for the #18 position...

B18.png

"Under Pressure" (Queen & David Bowie) [18] vs. "Billie Jean" (Michael Jackson) [274]
"Under Pressure", live in 1986:

"Billie Jean", live in 1984:

"Feel Like Makin' Love" (Bad Company) [111] vs. "Miss You" (The Rolling Stones) [146]
"Feel Like Makin' Love", live in 1975:
(Only the vocal is live, but it's the only vintage clip out there.)

"Miss You", live in 1978:

"Back In Black" (AC/DC) [47] vs. "When The Levee Breaks" (Led Zeppelin) [303]
"Back In Black", live in 1981:

"When The Levee Breaks", live in 1975 (audio only):
(Only played live twice, the other wasn't recorded.)

"Iron Man" (Black Sabbath) [431] vs. "Interstate Love Song" (Stone Temple Pilots) [338]
"Iron Man", live in 1970:

"Interstate Love Song", live in 1994:

One day left for Round 12
Also open: Round 13 , Round 14

My votes:

"Billie Jean" is superb pop song, but nowhere close to Queen/Bowie. Under Pressure
The Stones shouldn't play disco. Feel Like Makin' Love
"Levee" is a great jam, but AC/DC wrote the better song. Back In Black
STP song here is a personal favorite. Interstate Love Song

Two overrated songs. "Under Pressure" is better.
Stones shouldn't play disco, no, but I still like them more than Bad Company. "Miss You".
When the levee breaks, you'll be swept away even if you're back in black.
STP are good, but not as good as the "Iron Man" riff.

Billie Jean is a great song. Under Pressure is better.
Stones
Back and Black among AC/DC's best
Interstate in a clase battle of two 7/ 8s.

Seems wrong that either Billie Jean or Under Pressure will advance, but Levee or BiB won't.

Voting for Under Pressure, Makin' Love ("Miss You" is affirmatively terrible), Back in Black and Iron Man.

Back