Bruce Dickinson

My only complaint of the show was the cover of Frankenstein, it bored me to death and it brought the energy down of the whole show, everyone is standing there like yeah wrap this shit up now please. doesn't need to be there at all.
Bruce needs it to be there if you want to hear the final 6 songs of the night.

Bruce said it was only briefly rehearsed twice, at the end of the song he seemed thrilled they pulled it off, I'm sure they will work on the ending more .
Having just listened to it, yeah, the crumbly ending feels very unrehearsed. I like that Tanya joined in, but the placement felt off and a bit uncertain, like, "do I come in now? Eh, fuck it, here goes."

My only complaint of the show was the cover of Frankenstein, it bored me to death and it brought the energy down of the whole show, everyone is standing there like yeah wrap this shit up now please. doesn't need to be there at all.

Although I would have preferred another of his own songs instead, I really liked the cover.

The abscence of Adrian at the Whiskey shows, despite his wife and his best friend being there is also strange, but I think the reasons there are just fishy...
What do you mean?
That said I didn't really like the ending and don't think it works. Would've preferred something closer to the album and leaving the "ah"s and "oh"s out (or to the backing vocals).
Studio version is perfect, but I like it both ways and think it works both ways.
Bruce struggles with 'Book of Thel'. I still not understand why is at the end of the show.
Because it's one of his best songs that can be in the encores. Same with Road To Hell, but he dropped it instead of playing it earlier. Why, Bruce??

^Edit: I doubt he will rotate it with Aquarius, now. Both are tough songs to sing, but they are his Hallowed and Fear.

Last edited:
I didn't expect so many negative reactions to my post about Roy potentially congratulating the band social media. Because this is what he usually does, posting stuff.

Oh, okay. Maybe I misread the info on Google, as I'm no expert in UK fishing. Maybe then he is just in the UK :D, If he wasn't, he would surely be at the Whiskey with Nathalie, Julia and Richie.
I’ve been unable to fish the river all winter because of the rain here in the UK. Now the rivers have closed the weather has improved. Typical!

To be fair, he was probably fishing!

Although I would have preferred another of his own songs instead, I really liked the cover.
Yeah but it totally sapped the energy out of the crowd, looking around the place most people had that bored shitless look on there faces, like come on end this now aha

Adrian is likely fishing in the UK as the season spans from March to June.

Just because we know he likes fishing we don't have to imagine him fishing all the time. That is really silly.

I like this forum and read here all the time, but regarding insider info, we totally have to step up our game. I think the problem is there is no member here who works for a booking agency or label. They usually know what's the tea.

You're absolutely right, but that's just not the reality with most people.
That's why I prefer - if I have posted on the topic before - to congratulate or whatever it may be, because I prefer that to setting the rumor mill buzzing instead.

I agree. As professional, you have to work with reality as it is . As far as I know, Bruce has a publicist. Roy Z likely does not.
A publicist would tell you to post some congratulations, just to be done with the rumours.

Rotating setlist seems very likely, so I'm curious if there's going to be a fixed rotation of two setlists or something more spontaneous. The songs that I care about the most are: Accident, Abduction, Chemical Wedding, Book of Thel and The Alchemist and it looks like all of them are pretty safe (not sure about Book of Thel, but fingers crossed). I really hope to see Darkside of Aquarius and Jerusalem too. Well, it's going to be interesting to see what they play on the first couple of South American dates.

I'm not thrilled about the cover taking up 7-8 minutes of the set, but if it's a matter of Bruce getting a necessary break, I'm fine with it as an "intermission". It's not Maiden, so no songs with extended instrumental sections to save his voice. I'm not watching videos, because I want to find out how the songs sound during the gig, but I checked Frankenstein and it's a bit weird, it's a different vibe. It would be cool if instead of that they arranged some kind of instrumental medley of Bruce's tracks with additional solos etc.

Back