Bruce Dickinson

One could argue that it might be difficult to represent live properly all different phases of Bruce's solo career, from the hard rock on Tattooed Millionaire to the alternative-influenced hard rock on Skunkworks, the hard rock/heavy metal on Balls to Picasso, the more straightforward metal on Accident of Birth, etc. Different line-ups, different sounds...

That being said, as a massive fan of the line-up that gave us Accident of Birth and The Chemical Wedding (oh, what a masterpiece the latter is! :notworthy: ) I am somewhat glad I have not forked out more than £50 to see a gig on the forthcoming tour.
He's playing an amusement park in Stockholm; 40 Euros for the concert admission card, good for the entire summer. At this point that covers Alice Cooper, Bruce Dickinson and Deep Purple, and I suspect 1 or 2 additional upcoming decent-to-awesome acts. Hope Saxon plays there again, I missed them due to a migraine the last time they were playing the park.

I saw Robert Plant there 10 years ago. That was truly fantastic.

Last edited:
He's playing an amusement park in Stockholm; 40 Euros for the concert admission card, good for the entire summer. At this point that covers Alice Cooper, Bruce Dickinson and Deep Purple, and I suspect 1 or 2 additional upcoming decent-to-awesome acts. Hope Saxon plays there again, I missed them due to a migraine the last time they were playing the park.

I saw The Cult at that place back in 2010. Great gig and a fantastic venue! That was a day before the worst festival I have ever been to (Sonisphere 2010 in Stockholm).

Reactions: Yax

What did Robert plant?

I saw The Cult at that place back in 2010. Great gig and a fantastic venue! That was a day before the worst festival I have ever been to (Sonisphere 2010 in Stockholm).
I was at Sonisphere too. I had a great time, being 20 at the time, and I vividly remember running through the mud with our Moderator Emeritus Natalie to get to the subway station before the other hoards of fans after the end of the show, while Hammerfall were getting on (?) to play the night post headliner set.

I remember Alice Cooper doing a fine gig too, and I remember Mötley Crue sounding like Mötley crue from the other main stage across the field while I was waiting for Maiden. If Hammerfall were playing afterwards, then the organizers were being clever, because that would have kept a few thousand in the field rather than going to the subway after Maiden.

I understand the general(?) disappointment at the lack of a second guitarist and frankly, I would have loved that too. However, as it is, I'm just super excited to finally catch Bruce doing his solo stuff live and I'm rather curious to hear the new arrangements. I don't mind keyboards & keytar at all.

It'll be great. :)

Back