Bruce Dickinson

I have found out - from people who know more about the topic than me - that if someone doesn't do (or let someone do) a real factual analysis, social media statistics, what business profits from what etc, they often simply fall for the myth/the cliche that Instagram is where you have to be with your business.

Well, regardless of one's feelings it can't hurt to be on instagram, particularly for musicians which is a bit different from a traditional business.

I like to poke fun at Bruce for various things, but him being on Insta is a logical and reasonable consequence of modern marketing strategies. Things change, folks.

But there is a reason bands are normally on all social media - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.
If they only have one platform they often choose Facebook as the platform with the most users.

In my opinion that has nothing to do with changing times - it simply can not be clever to excude those who don't have an Instagram account which are by the way not only the old but the new blood, very young fans, too.

Facebook has changed a ton in the last ten years and has lost most of the young people who are either on Insta or TikTok, with the former also having lost people to the latter.

The way I see it: FB isn't really worth it, TikTok on the other hand is a bit too much effort and rather volatile. Also, there are the issues like the US trying to ban it. That leaves Insta as the one where you can post pictures and videos to promote stuff but don't have to interact with the fans or do too many videos.

Navigate the Seas of the Sun should not be on rotation. It should be one of the set’s ironclad guaranteed-to-be-played songs. It’s a top highlight of the show, especially when it goes into Book of Thel.

“That was a dream. This is a nightmare..”
This. Navigate and Book Of Thel are the highlights for me. And the transition is just perfect.

Probably the title track for me

200w.gif

Back