Bruce Dickinson

So Tanya O’Callaghan who was the bassist for the Deep Purple tribute with Bruce is apparently gonna be the bassist for Bruce’s solo albums. Cannot wait for his new record.

So Tanya O’Callaghan who was the bassist for the Deep Purple tribute with Bruce is apparently gonna be the bassist for Bruce’s solo albums.
Source? Interesting. Roy played bass for 2 songs on TOS and there were 2 other bassists for the other songs. I remember Bruce saying Roy is also a great bassist.

S
Source? Interesting. Roy played bass for 2 songs on TOS and there were 2 other bassists for the other songs. I remember Bruce saying Roy is also a great bassist.

So I’m following the Iron Maiden brazil fanclub on Instagram (insta Id: imbnoticias) and these guys are almost up to date with everything. Even if a light bulb goes off at Maiden HQ, they’ll post it. And to add further credibility to them, they’re followed by Leana Dolci.

So I’m following the Iron Maiden brazil fanclub on Instagram (insta I’d: imbnoticias) and these guys are almost up to date with everything. Even if a light bulb goes off at Maiden HQ, they’ll post it. And to add further credibility to them, they’re followed by Leana Dolci.

Leana Dolci might be following them to see what Bruce is up to when she is not around…

Last edited:
He need to tour with a major act if he want to play bigger venues.
Who would take the risk? Bruce is more popular than ever, it seems. It really has to be people with a loyal fan base and not too young a band.
A few ideas: Judas Priest/ Helloween (again)/ Deep Purple...

Bruce won't be opening for anyone would be my guess.

You're an opening act if you're starting out, or pushing your product to a wider audience. I think Bruce has all the audience he's ever going to get at this stage of his career, i.e. if people haven't checked his solo stuff out by now they never will, and I don't think he needs to push this album, the fact he's doing it at all says to me it's for fun more than anything else. So I don't expect him to break his back touring it, he'll fit it in around Maiden, playing markets that are convenient.

Album in February and concerts in Brazil in April according to someone on the fanclub. Who knows if it's legit or not.

Thanks for sharing this. Playing Brazil would guarantee bigger audiences than elsewhere, which would be good for Bruce’s ego.

You're an opening act if you're starting out, or pushing your product to a wider audience. I think Bruce has all the audience he's ever going to get at this stage of his career, i.e. if people haven't checked his solo stuff out by now they never will, and I don't think he needs to push this album, the fact he's doing it at all says to me it's for fun more than anything else. So I don't expect him to break his back touring it, he'll fit it in around Maiden, playing markets that are convenient.

Exactly. As much as I would love him to do an extensive solo tour, I bet he will only be playing certain markets were a big audience is guaranteed (plus festivals). In an interview with Rock Candy magazine (issue 19, April-May 2020), when asked about the importance of Maiden success to him, Bruce said:

“The success is absolutely important to me. Steve’s not bothered about all that, because he’s happy playing to 40 people in his other band. But if Iron Maiden were playing to 40 people they’d be doing it with another singer”

I doubt he’ll be working his arse off playing small venues like Steve does.

Thanks for sharing this. Playing Brazil would guarantee bigger audiences than elsewhere, which would be good for Bruce’s ego.

Exactly. As much as I would love him to do an extensive solo tour, I bet he will only be playing certain markets were a big audience is guaranteed (plus festivals). In an interview with Rock Candy magazine (issue 19, April-May 2020), when asked about the importance of Maiden success to him, Bruce said:

“The success is absolutely important to me. Steve’s not bothered about all that, because he’s happy playing to 40 people in his other band. But if Iron Maiden were playing to 40 people they’d be doing it with another singer”

To be fair, he’s probably had enough of smaller gigs. He is in the twilight of his career and wants to conserve his energy by doing bigger gigs.

Reactions: Yax
British Lion is Steve's hobby, while Bruce has plenty of other outings. I'm more than fine with just an album without a single gig.

I appreciate the honesty!

We always hear it's about playing music, bla bla bla. I am sure it's what they want and why they started with it, but surely making money and being successful must feel good.

Album in February and concerts in Brazil in April according to someone on the fanclub. Who knows if it's legit or not.
Great if true. But now I'm worried about Maiden recording an album early next year. Steve is busy, probably Bruce too. Maiden tour will probably start in May or June. 2 options remain now - record an album in the winter after the tour (like TBOS) or early 2025.

This. I expect a 2-months tour at most. He can also tour in the winter (2nd leg).

Bruce and Maiden are very popular in Brazil, so why not playing there. I also doubt he will play small venues like Steve, his solo stuff is better and more popular. I think one of the reasons Bruce came back to Maiden was to play big shows again. You can't blame him for that. It's great, especially this late in the band's career.
British Lion is Steve's hobby, while Bruce has plenty of other outings. I'm more than fine with just an album without a single gig.
Yep, and I agree because hearing new music is important, playing live is the big bonus (although I really want to see those TOS songs live, and with a performer like Bruce you want that even more). That's one of the reasons I like it when bands release albums quite often over the years - yeah, some are not as strong as the others, but it's better than nothing.
He does solo tours speaking so…how the guy can be so cynic ?
We have to say - to a fairly ''big'' crowds for such an event. But - music should come first for Bruce.

Back