Bruce Dickinson. Singer, pilot, speaker, and now........

This is probably some joke of some sort. Can't find but I won't push you guys to link to such a horrible picture. ;)

Sorry Black Abyss Babe, I completely missed your post! Thanks Flash as well.

Alright, well I had never seen that pic before (how did you guys learn about it?). The cardbox stuff is certainly photoshopped and Bruce himself looks real although his legs look a bit long.

I've seen that picture before. I want to say it was on the IMC some time ago, but I might be totally wrong.

Background story - no idea. It could be photoshopped, I suppose.
Definitely not photoshopped. Just Bruce being Bruce. There is a group photo of the boys and Bruce doing something similar but with a towel. I'll put it in spoiler to protect those who'd prefer not to see. :p
ironmaiden_colour286.jpg

I've seen it too, it was in Mick Wall's "Run to the Hills" book apart from anything else. It's just that that was years ago, of late we've been used to Bruce being a bit more serious. And fearsome.

I don't know what has led you to that conclusion. In an interview around the Final Frontier and one from last year, he repeatedly stated that he was refusing to grow up and grow old. I don't find anything surprising, let alone disturbing, in these pictures. Obviously, they were taken in dressing rooms and people most definitely don't wear ties there.

It is true that lately there has been a greater deal of focus on his piloting, the business entrepreneurship he is involved with and so forth that has shown his more serious side but I don't think he has lost his humor one bit though - but it is true that you don't see him clown around as much as he did back in the 80s, 90s in interviews and such ...I certainly don't think he would do a Lord Iffy Boatrace impression on national TV nowadays...or would he? ;) Probably more likely that he looks back on that and goes "Oh dear..."

That probably just comes with age. I do a lot less nutty stuff in my 40s than I did in my 20s.

In an interview around the Final Frontier and one from last year, he repeatedly stated that he was refusing to grow up and grow old.
Understood, and definitely to his credit, but even so I still wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of him ...
brucedickinson.jpg

Afterthought: There is actually a significant difference between "growing up" and "growing old". Bruce has definitely grown up, whether thinks so or not: growing old, however, is something I can't imagine him ever doing.

Last edited:
Back