Blaze Bayley

I've seen Blaze do small crowds and show was not canceled. Must be very different Europe to America
I'll guess it depends on how much money the promoter is willing to lose. The promoter has to pay for Blaze's travel costs as well, which are much higher than in Europe. There are so few people who have any interest in Blaze's solo stuff anyway in the U.S, most people wouldn't even consider listening to any of his stuff. Just go check the comments on a random Blabbermouth article about him to get what I mean.

Last edited:
I'll guess it depends on how much money the promoter is willing to lose. The promoter has to pay for Blaze's travel costs as well, which are much higher than in Europe. There are so few people who have any interest in Blaze's solo stuff anyway in the U.S, most people wouldn't even consider listening to any of his stuff. Just go check the comments on a random Blabbermouth article about him to get what I mean.
To be fair most artists get shit on Blabbermouth

When I saw Blaze this year, the whole band and crew were travelling in their van all the way from the UK. I guess that in the US they need to hire their transport and rent some gear. That can add a lot to expenses.

I'm surprised Blaze even bothers to tour here since he must make very little money when he does so. Unless there are some venues that draw really well for him.

I'll probably go see him in Ft Worth .. I am not much of a fan of his solo stuff, but some of it is decent and hearing the Maiden songs will be cool. I think it is a safe bet to just decide the day of the show

Funny, he is billed as Blaze Bayley of Iron Maiden. $20 tickets/$30 for the VIP section

Same here. Tickets are $20, it's less than an hour away, I can probably get a picture with and he's part of Maiden's history, and his opening act is a Maiden cover band. Worth it, I think.

He also said:

"I had a lot of ideas of my own that I wanted to work on with Steve Harris and Dave Murray for the next Iron Maiden album and one of those was Stare at the Sun and another one Silicon Messiah and another one was Ghost of the Machine."

@Perun

I noticed that in the sleeve notes to "The Man Who Would Not Die" his wife/manager includes Bruce in her thanks list - this could be part of the reason.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bl...y-supportive-of-me-when-i-was-in-iron-maiden/
"Bruce Dickinson was very supportive of me when I was in Iron Maiden" (@4:15)

Interesting interview, thanks for posting it.

Blaze is a nice guy, but it is somewhat funny he always finds someone to blame but himself from his demise from Maiden. If it had been a case of reuniting the classic big selling line-up Janick would have been fired too and he is still in the band, disliked by many, 18 years later...

Think I have said this before, but I think Blaze is a nice guy, I feel bad for the issues in his personal life and that his solo career did not take off as he planned.

All that said, I really do not care for his vocals that much ... his solo stuff is better than in Maiden, which is somewhat countered by a lower quality of musicianship .. but his voice really does not have a lot of variation and it gets boring after a while. I listen to the Maiden albums as sides (2-4 song chunks) and it is fine.

He had massive shoes to fill in Maiden that few, if any, could have filled ...

I wish him well, I am going to try to go see his show, but I am not buying any of his music beyond one of his albums that I bought autographed... though the videos are good for a laugh.

Back