Basketball

Chokeklahoma Shitty Thunder just blew it.

Lets see if GSW can handle a healthy Cavs team this year

Having either the Warriors or the Cavaliers become the next NBA champion is almost as bad as having either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump become the next U.S. president.

I'm not trying to bring politics into this, but this is a perfect analogy from my point of view. :ninja:

I'm guessing he had no real chance of finding another job in the NBA, then.

While he did indeed have some success with Cleveland, I chalk most of that up to LeBron and company, not his coaching.

Well known that LeBron and his management didn't like Blatt at all and favored Tyronn Lue all along. LeBron holds the strings in Cleveland.

I think they did him dirty, personally. Blatt is a very good coach.

Last edited:
Cleveland Cavaliers just became the first team in NBA history to come back from 3-1 down in a Finals series to win the championship. And they did it against the team that broke the record for best regular season in NBA history. While becoming the first team ever to win a deciding Game 7 on opposing floor since 1978.

Truly legendary. LeBron James man, you gotta tip your hat to the guy. Ended as the leader of both teams in all major statistical categories. Complete domination.

That was going to be a legend-making Game 7, either way. If Golden State had won, they'd have put themselves in the conversation for greatest NBA team ever, winning more games in a season than any team in history, and winning back-to-back titles. As it happened, the city of Cleveland FINALLY won a sports championship (first since 1964) and LeBron James won his third, cementing his legacy as one of the greatest players ever. Plus, a tight, exciting game throughout. Very entertaining, even though it seemed like no one could make a basket in the last 4 minutes of the game.

I didn't watch the last game. Any thoughts on the 'worn out' Warriors from playing so hard during the regular season to hit the 73 wins? I just recall several sports analysts discussing how they had the season wrapped up and should have rested more to get strong for the playoffs.

Anyway, either way, I was happy to see the Cavs win.

Derrick Rose has been traded to the Knicks.

I'm disappointed things couldn't work out for him here in Chicago. He was the hometown kid who was poised to have such a great career. Then injuries happened and he was never the same. I wish him nothing but the best in New York.

Biggest beta move in NBA history. To join a 73-9 team who eliminated you in the Conference Finals coming from 3-1 down. To join a player that's better than you being a Top 4 player yourself. Just a bitch move.

LeBron took a ton of flack for 2010. This is way worse. At least LeBron was already the best player in the game and he joined a 48 win team.

I'm still a n00b in following NBA, who would you say are the Top 4? Curry, Lebron, Durant and...?

Dwyane Wade leaves the Miami Heat for the Chicago Bulls.

Whoa, This Free Agency is totally crazy.

Insane Contracts and surprising moves

Would've been better if he reunited with LeBron. Who can Cleveland get now that can help them shorten the gap to Warriors?

Would've been better if he reunited with LeBron. Who can Cleveland get now that can help them shorten the gap to Warriors?
They've never could have signed wade, he commanded way too much, as well would have been a bad fit. I'd say CLE doesn't really have to make moves, they are good to go, maybe get a lengthy mobile defender and they are fine

End of an era. My favorite player of all time. The reason I started following the league closely. The reason I became a Heat fan in 2004. Thank you for everything D-Wade.

But a good move not resigning him. He tried to get us to give him Kobe treatment a la sign him to a long, wealthy contract at an older age. Good on Pat Riley for having the balls not to do it.

Probably gonna go on a rebuild now. Looking forward to it.

Back