Basketball

Go Rockets!!! Most of our starters are out though, but we still got a good team. With Yao and T-Mac in the past though, these injuries are getting real old...

Germany vs Serbia on Sunday... Boy will we get our butts kicked

I've been watching NBA lately. San Antonio Spurs to be exact, because of Boban Marjanovic who played for my local team Crvena Zvezda :p Dude was amazing.

The Golden State Warriors have looked pretty much unstoppable this season. Currently at 43-4, they are on pace for a better season than the '96 Bulls record of 72-10.

I've been watching NBA lately. San Antonio Spurs to be exact, because of Boban Marjanovic who played for my local team Crvena Zvezda :p Dude was amazing.

Boban is some sort of a cult hero right now because of his physical appearance. He performs quite well in the limited minutes he gets but he plays mostly garbage time. (After the game is pretty much decided) He was the best center in Euroleague last season, Spurs are a perfect situation for him. Popovich knows how to get the best out of his players.

The Golden State Warriors have looked pretty much unstoppable this season. Currently at 43-4, they are on pace for a better season than the '96 Bulls record of 72-10.

They certainly have. Destroyed both the Spurs and the Cavaliers by 30+ point wins the week before. Still think Spurs poses a threat to them. They were missing their defensive anchor in Tim Duncan in that game and didn't really look locked in. Warriors have the upper hand against anyone, though. Their offense is unstoppable in transition and works like a well oiled machine in half court setting.

Stephen Curry is on pace to have one of the greatest peak seasons of all time. His current PER (Player Efficiency Rating) is higher than the all time leader, Wilt Chamberlain in 1961-62 season.

Personal Sidenote: Looking at the first page of this thread makes me realize just how much my English has come along. :p My vision and knowledge of the game as well but that's to be expected, I was only 15 when I posted those stuff.

Last edited:
Honestly, I would love to see the Spurs win the title this season. I'm rooting for them for the same reason that I'm rooting for the Broncos in the Super Bowl; I'd love to see Tim Duncan go out with another ring. I also thing Gregg Popovich is the greatest coach in the game.

The Warriors are just really fun to watch. Steph Curry is operating at another level. A Warriors - Spurs playoff series would be incredible.

In the East, I don't know what to think of the Cavs. They just fired their coach, despite having the best record in the conference. The conference as a whole is doing a lot better than it has the last few years, but there's still no way that whoever comes out of it will have a prayer against the winner of the western conference.

I'm gonna write a piece on my basketball blog on how "the others" such as the Cavaliers, Thunder and Clippers can try to improve their chances of catching up to the Warriors and Spurs soon. The blog is sadly in Turkish, though. :p

Last edited:
Looking back at some of the posts from over 5 years ago are interesting to say the least.

Meanwhile I'm a long suffering Warriors fan (since about 1981) and to see them doing so well its, I almost can't believe it. Even winning the Champs last year it all seems so unreal. 15 years ago they were winning 17, 19, and 21 games a year and this year they aren't even going to lose that many. Crazy.

The Spurs are still very good but I wonder who from the East (not buying the Cavs, sorry they just seem internally weak ...kind of like the Clipperslol). I like Atlanta, Detroit and think Miami is putting together a quiet, but strong season.

Watching Steph Curry this season is amazing. He is almost unguardable. I also love how smart he plays. Most of the PG's nowadays (Irving, Rose, Westbrook,...) are injured a lot because they play only with explosiveness, but Curry is not because he knows what he's doing. And if he's having a bad game he makes space for Klay Thompson and Draymond Green and assists them.

Most of the PG's nowadays (Irving, Rose, Westbrook,...) are injured a lot because they play only with explosiveness, but Curry is not because he knows what he's doing.

That's a false assessment.

Kyrie Irving is not an explosive athlete at all. He plays a skill based game, a worse version of Steph in many regards. Tight handles, ability to finish inside and a great jump shot. His injuries have nothing to do with an explosive playing style. He's been naturally injury prone ever since college.

Russell Westbrook, until he got injured in 2013 Playoffs was the league's leading iron man. He had played every single game in his career up to that point. He's been healthy ever since except for breaking his hand at the beginning of last season, which has nothing to do with explosiveness.

Stephen Curry doesn't play with explosiveness not because he knows what he's doing not to get injured, but because he's not explosive at all. Athleticism has never been his game. His lack thereof was the reason he received next to none scholarship offers in college and played for a small one in the end (Davidson) and went 7th in the 2009 Draft despite leading the nation in scoring and getting his small school to the NCAA Tournament. He had his share of injury troubles. Earlier on in his career his knee was problematic. That's why the Warriors couldn't risk paying him a ton of money and signed him to a 13 million per year deal. In hindsight, it looks like the biggest bargain contract in the NBA. Maximum salary players are paid over 20 million per year and the best player in the game is paid 13. He'll get that fat contract when his contract expires, though.

Derrick Rose is the only correct one here. But saying his injuries are caused by an explosive playing style is oversimplifying it. You don't see Westbrook getting injured that much. Rose's problems stem from his go-to scoring option: The hop-step. He recklessly attacks the paint than does a hop-step to shake off his defender. Hop-step is a move that puts massive stress on your ACL and some other parts of your leg. He tore his ACL while performing that move and it's been downhill ever since.

Last edited:
Don't know if anybody's interested but Golden State Warriors just broke the NBA record for the best team record in a regular season ever with 73-9. Belonged to '96 Chicago Bulls with 72-10.

And Kobe Bryant had 60 points in his last game as an NBA player. What a way to go out.

As a Bulls fan, it's slightly disappointing to lose the record, but I fully congratulate Golden State on their incredible season. They still need to win the title to make this season mean anything, and the Spurs are no joke.

I respect the hell out of Kobe. One of the all-time greatest players to ever step on to the court. My buddy thinks he will pull an MJ and come out of retirement after 1-2 seasons. I'm not quite as confident, but I'd still love to see it.

I hope he doesn't. He went out in the most legendary way imaginable but he looked pretty bad the entire season. Need to give way to the youngsters.

Conference Semifinals, actually.

Pretty big surprise. They played very lackadaisically, can't do that against such an athletic team.

Toronto just gets wrecked by Cleveland.
Not surprisingly so.

Meanwhile Golden State was its usual self in Game 2. Hope to see Oklahoma make this a Series at least.

This year's Playoffs been a letdown in terms of close intense games so far

Warriors - Thunder just played one hell of a game! Golden State was somehow able to come back and take it. Klay Thompson went insane in this one.

Hopefully game 7 will be just as exciting.

Doubt it. Warriors probably run away with it now. Devastating loss for OKC. Pretty disappointing for me too, because I was cheering for them to win the title with the Heat out of it.

Back