Are Maiden Tattoed Millionaires?

SneakySneaky

Trooper
This is a rant similar to RWs "Wow maiden ticket prices"  but only more general.  I'd like to start from 2 quite recent events.  First,  the flight to Ireland on Bruce's plane.  Second,  the "chance" to meet Nicko and Janick in the IMOC.

So,  it's a very exciting thing to go to a concert and Bruce is on the plane and perhaps Nicko. But it costs approximately 750 E.  For what?  The flight must last like 2-3 hours long,  and such journeys do not cost more than 300 E!  Unless it's first class,  which I don't think it is...  So we've got 300 E for the flight,  120 E for the two shows ( let's assume they charged the highest price for these shows ) and 100E for transportation and the hotel ( it's only one night ).  This gives us 520 E.  I suppose the rest are for Bruce's and Nicko's beautiful eyes???  Come on people.

As for the chance of meeting Nicko and Janick,  you have to become a member of the IMOC.  That's another 15 E.  And you can't even be certain if you will meet them.  It is quite apparent that this is a try to get more members and money.  So you have to pay to meet Nicko and Janick?  God,  since when are they so precious?  What are they, subtle things that need the money to purge themselves from the fan's gaze?  Why can't they run competitions the way they used to,  where every fan had a chance of winning. :(

So after these 2 things, and the ticket prices, and the tour merchandise prices RW mentioned, and the numerous live-best of cd/dvd releases,  and a video "mtv x-factour launch party",  I really think that Dickinson's song Tattoed Millionaire is starting to reflect them.  Either this,  or I'm simply having a bad day. :(

SneakySneaky said:
Either this,  or I'm simply having a bad day. :(
Yeah, probably. -_-
The boys are stars alright and whoever is willing to pay to see them, can do so. Same with merch - I would never buy anything else than regular  CDs and maybe a T-shirt, yet I know some who spent a fortune already. It's up to everyone.

SneakySneaky said:
This is a rant similar to RWs "Wow maiden ticket prices"  but only more general.  I'd like to start from 2 quite recent events.  First,  the flight to Ireland on Bruce's plane.  Second,  the "chance" to meet Nicko and Janick in the IMOC.
I think it was Iceland ;)
SilentLucidity said:
It's up to everyone.
Indeed, the choice is there for the individual to make.  Meeting Janick and Nicko is not a necessity, just a luxury that some people want to waste money on.  It goes back to the idea of supply and demand.  If people want to fly on "Bruce Air", it's their money and their choice.  So long as pople are willing to pay for it, it will still be offered.

You make it seem that IMOC members are paying exclusively to meet Nicko and Janick, it is not just a meet and greet, it is a chance to hear some new Maiden tracks ahead of the rest of the world. Would you like to hear these songs months before anyone else in the public Sneaky? As I sure as hell would. The winner gets to meet Nicko and Janick and conduct an interview with them about the songs. The interview will be published in the fan club magazine. So is that worth paying €15? I think so.

As for the Bruce Air, are you a pilot or do you have some connections with an airline that can give you the prices of flights so easily? Also the money is not only for flights and accomodation, the people going on it get to have early access to the venue before the doors are opened so they can get the first choice of merchandise and get as close to the stage as they want. While in early, they get a picture with Bruce onstage which will be signed. The flight also includes a goodie bag. Get your information straight before making a topic about how greedy Maiden are getting :angry:

Conor said:
They've gotten to you too Hunlord  :(
Come join us Conor, you know you want to :wacko:
No they haven't got to me I just prefer if people actually look before they leap, or post in this case. SneakySneaky left out alot of facts, such as the chance to hear new music, and made it seem that Maiden are doing things like this now only. Maiden have always given preference to FC members before, and have run competitions like this before for at DoD at least, so to say that "Why can't they run competitions the way they used to,  where every fan had a chance of winning." is incorrect as it was just not known to anyone outside the fanclub before.

Conor said:
I think it was Iceland ;)
Thanks for that one Conor.  I am having a bad day -_-.  And I know it's up to each individual to decide where he wants to spend his money,  I'm just frustrated that Maiden try to make money in such cheep ways.  Basically,  since I don't live in the UK,  I wouldn't ever pay to go to Bruce Air or the IMOC.  I don't think it's worth the money.  It annoys me when Maiden say it's all about the fans,  when it's not.  
Hunlord said:
You make it seem that IMOC members are paying exclusively to meet Nicko and Janick, it is not just a meet and greet, it is a chance to hear some new Maiden tracks ahead of the rest of the world. Would you like to hear these songs months before anyone else in the public Sneaky? As I sure as hell would. The winner gets to meet Nicko and Janick and conduct an interview with them about the songs. The interview will be published in the fan club magazine. So is that worth paying €15? I think so.

As for the Bruce Air, are you a pilot or do you have some connections with an airline that can give you the prices of flights so easily? Also the money is not only for flights and accomodation, the people going on it get to have early access to the venue before the doors are opened so they can get the first choice of merchandise and get as close to the stage as they want. While in early, they get a picture with Bruce onstage which will be signed. The flight also includes a goodie bag. Get your information straight before making a topic about how greedy Maiden are getting :angry:
I did get my info quite straight before I started this thread.  The fans go earlier to the show.  So what?  Why should they pay that much money for it?  Also,  if you think that it's worth paying money for Dickinson's autograph, or the goodie bag ( which will probably include some cute stuff like Maiden pens etc. )  then you prove how naive you are.  
And no, I am not a pilot,  neither do I have connections with some airline.  But I do travel a lot and the prices do not defer that much.  
As for the meet and greet thing,  well,  you should worry about yourself,  just like Conor said.

so 230E for Niko and Brooce, thats cheap

so 230E for Niko and Brooce, ha? i think that its pretty cheap. and i dont like MAIDEN doing cheap things just like supporting acts. Ozzfest was big step back.
look - Maidens last US chart position was 18. I think its very strong position (of a such "unsuccessful in US" band) in comparison to lot of legendary and strong bands like Danzig, Dio even Deep Purple
They take last (or no) places in US top 200 but they are still releasing singles (what Maiden almost never did) and touring whole world (Maidens "world" during last world tours seem not to include Australia, Africa, Turkey, Chile and whole Asia (except groundlessly favoured Japan), Russia etc.

my dream is to see the band doing serious business and putting their heart into it
or theres no point in it

Re: so 230E for Niko and Brooce, thats cheap

agdabavipain said:
(Maidens "world" during last world tours seem not to include Australia, Africa, Turkey, Chile and whole Asia (except groundlessly favoured Japan), Russia etc.

Alright, what do you propose? The following world tour?

London
Paris
Brussles
Berlin
Warsaw
Moscow
Almaty
Tashkent
Samarqand
Kabul
Tehran
Baghdad
Jerusalem
Riyadh
New Delhi
Bombay
Calcutta
Rangoon
Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur
Singapore
Jakarta
Makassar
Port Moresby
Hong Kong
Shanghai
Chongqing
Fuzhou
Wuhan
Beijing
Pyongyang
Seoul
Tokyo
Osaka
Vladivostok
Ulanbataar
Novosibirsk
Omsk
Cairo
Lagos
Kinshasa
Cape Town
Dar es Salaam
Monrovia
Casablanca
Algiers
Tripolis
Sydney
Perth
Adelaide
Melbourne
Brisbane
Auckland
Dunedin
Santiago de Chile
Santa Fe de Bogota
Lima
New York
Montreal
Los Angeles

That's naming only a *FEW* of the world's most important cities.

Is that what you want? Be f'cking real  :huh:

Re: so 230E for Niko and Brooce, thats cheap

agdabavipain said:
They take last (or no) places in US top 200 but they are still releasing singles (what Maiden almost never did)
Maiden never released singles? Well thats news to me, but what are all of these then?  :huh:

Onhell said:
Fuck Easter Island! He forgot Mexico City, Metal Bands NEVER skip Mexico City (or at least Mexico)...

Fuck, yes! I forgot Mexico City! How could I?
Come to think of it, I also forgot Havanna, Guatemala, San Salvador, Tegucigalpa, San José, Panamá, Kingston, Port-au-Prince, Nassau, Santo Domingo, San Juan, St. Johns, Roseau, Castries, Bridgetown, Kingstown, St. George's, Port of Spain, Caracas, Georgetown, Paramaribo, Cayenne, Brasilia, Asunción, Montevideo, Buenos Aires, Quito, Pretoria, Maseru, Mbabane, Maputo, Harare, Gaborone, Windhoek, Luanda, Lusaka, Lilongwe, Brazzaville, Dodoma, Nairobi, Bangui, Libreville, Malabo, Yaoundé, Abuja, Porto Novo, Lomé, Accra, Yamoussoukro, Freetown, Conakry, Bissau, Banjul, Dakar, Nouakchott, Al Aaiun, Rabat, Tunis, Karthoum, Asmara, Addis Ababa, Mogadishou, Kampala, Kegali, Burumbura, Moroni, Antanananarivo, Victoria, Port Louis, Niamey, Ougagadougou, Bamako, Ndjamena, Ankara, Damascus, Amman, Sana'a, Masqat, Abu Dhabi, Doha, Al Manama, Kuwait, Erevan, Tblisi, Baku, Ashghabad, Tashkent, Dushanbe, Bishkek, Astana, Islamabad, Kathmandu, Timphu, Dacca, Phnom Penh, Viangchan, Hanoi, Taipeh, Manila, Bandar Seri Begawan, Singapore, Dili, Canberra, Wellington, Nouméa, Port Vila, Honiara, Yarén, Koror, Kolonia, Funafuti, Nuku'alofa, Suva, Vaiaku, Apia, Papeéte, Bairiki, Dalap-Uliga-Darrit, Chisinau, Athens, Sofia, Skopje, Belgrade, Tirane, Podgorica, Sarajevo, Zagreb, Bucarest, Budapest, Ljubiljana, Kiev, Minsk, Vilnius, Riga, Tallinn, Helsinki, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, Reykjavik, Dublin, Amsterdam, Madrid, Lisbon, Andorra, Monaco, Vaduz, Berne, San Marino, Vatican City, Lefkosia, Valletta, Prague, Bratislava, Nuuk, Port Stanley, Ramallah, Gaza, Ottawa, Washington, Macao, Praia, Male, Colombo, Juneau, Olympia, Salem, Sacramento, Carson City, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Boise, Helena, Cheyenne, Denver, Santa Fè, Austin, Oklahoma City, Topeka, Lincoln, Pierre, Bismarck, St. Paul, Des Moines, Jefferson City, Little Rock, Baton Rouge, Jackson, Nashville, Frankfort, Springfield, Madison, St. Paul, Lansing, Columbus, Indianapolis, Harrisburg, Albany, Montpelier, Augusta, Concord, Boston, Providence, Hartford, Trenton, Dover, Annapolis, Richmond, Raleigh, Columbia, Atlanta, Tallahassee, Charleston, Honolulu, St. John's, Charlottetown, Fredericton, Halifax, Quebec, Winnipeg, Regina, Edmonton, Victoria, Whitehorse, Yellowknife, Iqaluit, Kiel, Hamburg, Bremen, Hannover, Düsseldorf, Mainz, Saarbrücken, Stuttgart, Wiesbaden, Munich, Erfurt, Magdeburg, Dresden, Potsdam, Schwerin, Pristina, Kimberley, Mmabatho, Pietersburg, Nelspruit, Pietermaritzburg, Bisho, Bloemfontein, Johannesburg, Santiago de Compostela, Oviedo, Santander, Gasteiz-Vitoria, Pamplona, Logrono, Zaragoza, Barcelona, Valencia, Murcia, Sevilla, Mérida, Toledo, Valladolid, Palma de Mallorca, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Céuta, Melilla, Geneve, Lausanne, Fribourg, Sion, Bellinzona, Chur, Glarus, Einsiedeln, Zug, Herisau, St. Gallen, Appenzell, Fraunfeld, Zürich, Aarau, Basle, Delémont, Solothurn, Neuchâtel, Luzern, Sarnen, Engelberg, Altdorf, Bregenz, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Linz, Klagenfurt, Graz, Eisenstadt, Sankt Pölten, Vienna, Aosta, Turin, Genova, Milan, Trento, Venice, Bologna, Florence, Perugia, Ancona, Trieste, L'Aquilla, Rome, Naples, Campobasso, Bari, Potenza, Catanzaro, Palermo, Cagliari, Douglas, Gibraltar, George Town, Hamilton, Grand Turk, Road Town, Plymouth, The Valley, Strasbourg, Bordeaux, Clermont-Ferrand, Dijon, Rennes, Orléans, Chalons-sur-Marne, Ajaccio, Besancon, Montpellier, Limoges, Metz, Toulouse, Lille, Caen, Rouen, Nantes, Amiens, Poitiers, Marseille, Lyon, Saint-Pierre, Basse-Terre, Fort-de-France, Marigot, Saint-Denis, Dzaoudzi and last but not least Matâ-'Utu.

Shame on me. Damn, damn, damn.

(I couldn't sleep)

Um... Perun... CHILL OUT, it was a JOKE, but then again you Deutsch people have no sense of humor...

Onhell said:
...then again you Deutsch people have no sense of humor...
I tend to find Perun's jokes hilarious. Then again, I have some German blood in me, so... :innocent:

Onhell said:
Um... Perun... CHILL OUT, it was a JOKE, but then again you Deutsch people have no sense of humor...
Um, as was Perun (joking, that is) - I beleive. ;)

as i see perun has nothing to do as always. nothing to the poit. i think we were talking maiden here. perhaps i was wrong all the time.
well, no wonder theres no new posts in this forum.

SilentLucidity said:
What are you trying to say? :angry:

nothing. nothing just blablabla like all of you

ps: dont be angry. it could be harmful to your health

Back