An album with demos, rejected material, etc.

TFF 01 said:
Either a huge box set or multiple individual releases.  I could care less about including the studio albums in a potential box set, most fans already have them anyway.  I'm interested in the unreleased and rare forgotten stuff, such as unreleased songs, rejected material, demos, b-sides, song ideas, half-finished songs, etc.
Plus they already did a box set with all the albums. An updated one would only have 6 more, 2 of them aren't that popular and 4 of them are very recent.

As far as b-sides, they already did that. It's called Best Of The B-Sides and it is part of Eddies Archive box set but you could probably find it on amazon by itself.

They did a box set with rare and unreleased stuff. It was called Eddie's Archive. As far as I am concerned, it included all the rarities worth including (minus Mission from 'Arry). Seriously, what is it with your obsession to hear "half-finished songs", "demos" "rejected material" and all that? Do you really want to hear every botched guitar lick and every bad idea nobody thought was worth pursuing any further? Every poorly recorded demo of a song that only got good when they recorded it properly? What for? Do you think it will help you appreciate the music more, or do you think it would offer you some sort of valuable insight in the band?

TFF 01 said:
Because I'm interested in that sort of stuff.
I really don't think Half Finished songs would be that good now that I think about it.

Stallion Duck said:
I really don't think Half Finished songs would be that good now that I think about it.

I think they'd be cool to hear, if they were released in a physical format...and not as downloadable content.

that really doesn't make a difference as far as song quality goes.

No, it doesn't.  But I mean I'd be interested in hearing any and all unreleased material Iron Maiden has, including half-finished songs, outtakes, song ideas, etc.

And specially with a booklet full of liner notes by Steve himself telling the year, studio/place and the story behind each track.

Jeffmetal said:
And specially with a booklet full of liner notes by Steve himself telling the year, studio/place and the story behind each track.

Exactly!  That would be great!  :edmetal:

Not just all of the unreleased recorded songs, but half-finished songs, outtakes, demos, and songs they wrote but haven't recorded.  There is surely tons of stuff!

NightProwler666 said:
I would rather have an album with re-recorded songs from TXF and VXI. They could re-arrange and shorten some songs that are to repetitive (The Angel & The Gambler, Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger) or speed up some songs (Sign Of The Cross, like it's played in Rock In Rio). And to be honest, I want them to do that because of the vocals :)
that would just be plain stupid. I'd buy From Fear To Eternity before that.

Wickerman 32 said:
I saw in an interview with Paul Di'Anno that he sang on a demo of RTTH and Hallowed before he left the band.

If those songs were floating around while Di'Anno was still in the band...there is probably TONS of other songs and song ideas floating around and in the vaults.

Back