Amorphis

How to start the next Amorphis Survivor?

• Total voters
Amorphis killed it in Chicago tonight. Tight as hell, great sound, they kept the ball rolling. Highlights were definitely

Sampo, Bad Blood, House of Sleep (that singalong!), and Death of a King (which was really badass live). They brought out the singer from Swallow the Sun for Black Winter Day and it was really cool.

I'm very glad I got to see this show considering these guys don't make it to the US all the time.

I caught a little of Swallow the Sun, they were meh. Too plodding and doomy.

I'd love to see them again, great sounding band live.

And yes, that singalong. It comes across as a slightly tame song recorded, but is a huge favourite with fans live. I'm gutted I missed DOAK at Wembley Arena when they supported Nightwish. Apparently they opened with it there, which I think is a great idea. It takes an imposing and big-sounding, song to get the crowd listening in venue that size. They opened with Under the Red Cloud when I saw them at their headline show too. You also got Skyforger, I see. *is jealous*

Yes, Skyforger was really cool. I'm glad they stuck with a lot of great newer songs as the older/middle material isn't as memorable to me (yet). Also, that microphone design is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Still, this line-up was playing together since 2003 and he was only the second bass player from the band, been with them since 2001. I wonder why the band disagrees with the management problem. Cool that Laine, the first, is (temporarily?) replacing him! I hope he sticks around, unless Niclas can return.

Wow, I mean...bass doesn't really do much in Amorphis, but that's a very odd statement. Seems like a lot of odd things happening behind the scenes.

Olli-Pekka Laine is staying with the band and will participate in writing and recording of next album, scheduled for release next year under Nuclear Blast.

Back