After Using Iron Maiden to Torment Neighbors, Senior Citizens Charged with Harassment

Wally Swift

Invader
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/iron-maiden-senior-citizens-harassment/

How timely. I used Iron Maiden as a weapon last night. All of us at work have headphones although one person also has a loud boombox. This woman also has an unhealthy preoccupation with me. Whenever we have to work in close proximity she insists on placing her boom box as close to me as possible and blasting horrible rap noise. I have repeatedly asked her not to do this and my supervisor refuses to do anything about the situation. So last night I fought fire with fire and sang Iron Maiden songs that I was listening to on top of my lungs. She went beserk and ripped my headphones off my head insisting that I stop singing or she would break them. I agreed providing she used her headphones. Her sense of entitlement prevented her from grasping reason, insisting that I stop singing while she continued to blast her toxic filth. She refused to give me my headphones back. I went and spoke to the fill-in supervisor who got my headphones back. Funny though, he wouldn't tell her to turn the boombox off yet he expected me to continue to work with her. I ignored him and went and did my other work alone. This left me no choice but to go straight to the top. The store's general manager agreed to put an end to her nefarious boombox activity.​

Wow, that is insane. I live in an apartment complex, on the end of the building (so I have a neighbor above me and to the one side of me), and have never heard any complaints from any of my neighbors (been living here for almost two years now). Then again, my Maiden playing is usually during the day or evening... I wouldn't dare blast Maiden as loud as I can at 4 AM.

If I had a neighbor that was so peeved with me that they blasted Iron Maiden at me in retaliation..... well, I'd be sure to keep on doing whatever I was doing to upset them!

Urgh. The people who used to live downstairs from me always played rap stupidly loud through some very powerful sound system with floor-vibrating bass. I couldn't actually get my music loud enough to retaliate, although any noise from me (washing machine etc) usually made them worse anyway.
I'm glad in some ways we're not allowed music at work!

My husband and I tried to do it once. Across the street from our house, there are apartments with balconies and someone was blasting some annoying music. So we decided to blare Live After Death on our record player.:D Now, this was during the day and not so loud that it reached across the street but it made us feel better.

I think I've heard Perun talk about issues like this before.

I have to admit, this is one reason I really don't want to sell my house. I have exactly 2 neighbors within 500 feet of my house... and the rest are more than a block away.

I don't envy such close neighbors.

Back