The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

You have one code that can be used to buy up to 4 tickets at any of the North American shows.

Good to know. If anyone would happen to have a code on Monday they could share with me (if you're not going to St. Louis/Kansas City), I'd be eternally grateful.

I'll most likely have more than 4 people going with me. I am wondering something though. I've agreed to buy the tickets and they can pay me back. If the tickets are paperless and someone can't make it, how would I go about reselling their ticket? Would someone have to go with me into the arena when I scan my credit card and pay me right there?

I wonder if the tour teaser is hinting at which songs we will get next year, or maybe it was more of a "look how cool the show was, don't miss us next year". Steve said in the announcement they won't decide the setlist until rehearsals, which is normal. I can see COTD and Powerslave both being dropped. Hope not though. I also have a feeling Hallowed Be Thy Name might not be safe.

I also have a feeling Hallowed Be Thy Name might not be safe.
There was a fairly negative reaction (as far as I know) to Hallowed being dropped for the Maiden England tour; I can't see why they'd do the same again so soon

I wonder if the tour teaser is hinting at which songs we will get next year, or maybe it was more of a "look how cool the show was, don't miss us next year". Steve said in the announcement they won't decide the setlist until rehearsals, which is normal. I can see COTD and Powerslave both being dropped. Hope not though. I also have a feeling Hallowed Be Thy Name might not be safe.

Powerslave and HBTN are both in the tour ad, so therefore they won't be dropped.

Actually, here's a better question. Were there paperless tickets on last year's North American tour?

Both cities I went to (Tulsa and Chicago) had paperless tickets. I, as the card holder, had to have the credit card (I used to purchase the tickets) ready to get me and my friend into the venue. It was actually a pretty seamless process; they swiped my card on their portable printer and it printed out our two physical tickets. Whole process took maybe 10 seconds.

I did hear the Florida concert had problems, but seeing as it was the first concert, maybe it was just a fluke?

For Vegas and Denver the tickets were on my phone. Far superior system IMO.

I like the idea of the phone ticket, with a bank card as backup in case anything goes wrong. The only option we got for the European tour this year was ticketless with entry by bank card.

I did hear the Florida concert had problems, but seeing as it was the first concert, maybe it was just a fluke?

The whole system crashed; everyone's card was showing up as invalid when swiped. A few of us were able to run to the box office and get physical copies printed, but those crashed a few minutes later. It was a complete and utter clusterfuck. Most of the Trooper VIP people were at the barrier before the before the majority of the FTTB folks, who were waiting outside in the rain with the general public. I got lucky and made it in fairly early- ended up with one arm on the barrier.

I get wanting to make things difficult for scalpers, but there's got to be a better way than this.

The whole system crashed; everyone's card was showing up as invalid when swiped. A few of us were able to run to the box office and get physical copies printed, but those crashed a few minutes later. It was a complete and utter clusterfuck. Most of the Trooper VIP people were at the barrier before the before the majority of the FTTB folks, who were waiting outside in the rain with the general public. I got lucky and made it in fairly early- ended up with one arm on the barrier.

I get wanting to make things difficult for scalpers, but there's got to be a better way than this.

Tickets with a name printed on them and ID cards. That is all you need.

Both cities I went to (Tulsa and Chicago) had paperless tickets. I, as the card holder, had to have the credit card (I used to purchase the tickets) ready to get me and my friend into the venue. It was actually a pretty seamless process; they swiped my card on their portable printer and it printed out our two physical tickets. Whole process took maybe 10 seconds.

Were they for the main floor or assigned seats? According to Ticketmaster, credit card entry is only for the main floor.

So, again... what about if you buy a ticket and can't go?
There is a slim possibility I'm moving this Spring, further West.
If I buy tickets to Lincoln, but can't use them, am I just out of luck?
I know TicketMaster has Stubhub or whatever, but since you can set a higher price there, it wouldn't make sense you could use the service for this particular system.

Back