The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

As much as I really liked the first leg of this and am sure I will really enjoy the second leg, I hope there is not a 3rd and next year is either another history tour or ideally a new album and tour for that (doubt it, but it would be cool as hell)

I agree on this. It must be because it's easier for them...This year and on the Maiden England tour they basically did world tours with 2 or 3 breaks in the middle of them instead of just finishing up the world tour in one go?

I agree on this. It must be because it's easier for them...This year and on the Maiden England tour they basically did world tours with 2 or 3 breaks in the middle of them instead of just finishing up the world tour in one go?

It seems few, if any, of the band wants to do mega tours .. they all seem to have other things going on (either public or I would imagine family stuff too) ... the deal seems to be that Maiden is a half a year job and has been since the reunion.

Yes, true. but at least before the Maiden England tour they used to finish up their touring in one go....instead of spreading it out over several years..

My fear is that I buy tickets to some other city, and then they go ahead and announce a Denver date on June 26th.

Yes, true. but at least before the Maiden England tour they used to finish up their touring in one go....instead of spreading it out over several years..

I am guessing they are trying to maximize what they put into the stage shows and hit more places with that tour. Obviously I would prefer more touring, but I'll take what I can get.

My fear is that I buy tickets to some other city, and then they go ahead and announce a Denver date on June 26th.

that is a risk, but since they hit Denver the last go around .. decent chance they will not do it again. Vegas, LA, and NY seem to be the only US repeats

I am guessing they are trying to maximize what they put into the stage shows and hit more places with that tour. Obviously I would prefer more touring, but I'll take what I can get.

How many places on the 2017 tour are the same as on the last, 2016, leg of this tour? If they're playing all new venues/places this leg there's really no reason why they couldn't have added those back in 2016 :p and thus finished up the tour earlier.

How many places on the 2017 tour are the same as on the last, 2016, leg of this tour? If they're playing all new venues/places this leg there's really no reason why they couldn't have done that back in 2016 :p and thus finished up the tour earlier.

I think because they had the plane in 2016 and that seems to be the only way they get to Asia/Pacific/South Africa

I can't see them going to Asia, and they won't do more European shows. I have heard the rumours about South American gigs, but I'd be surprised to see that happen.

Medina (RiR's promoter) always have either Maiden or Metallica as the headliner of the "classic metal" day in Rock in Rio (the other heavy metal day is dedicated to younger bands. Probably Slipknot or System of a Down will headline it). Metallica'll play in the Lollapalooza in São Paulo, which basically eliminates them from playing at Rock in Rio. And a lot of sources are claiming that a "huge british metal band" will headline one of the days. Judas doesn't have the strength here to headline the continent's largest rock festival, so there's a huge chance that this band being negotiated is Maiden. The dates on the NA tour reinforces this, they'll have a clear schedule from august on, and it wouldn't be the first time that Maiden ends a leg on a festival. And there's another point: promoters here LOVE to call Maiden (every Maiden concert is guarantee of, at least, 20.000 tickets. In large markets, guarantees a soldout football/soccer stadium, 45.000+. So, a lot of money) and the band loves to play in South America as well. So, yes, I know I'm biased here (unless it's Megadeth, we can't be sure that our continent will see more than 5 concerts per tour. Maiden's a large exception, and they play usually 8-9 concerts for all Latin America. Metallica's last concert here, outside Rock in Rio, was in 2014), but I'm 90% sure that they'll headline Rock in Rio. And, if they do, it's assured concerts in Buenos Aires, Santiago, São Paulo, and a lot probable that they'll do something in the south of Brazil (they didn't played in Curitiba or Porto Alegre, like they did on the last 3 tours) and a couple of concerts in Ciudad de Mexico. They can do those concerts in September, so there'll be a void in August which...I have no idea where they'll play

Medina (RiR's promoter) always have either Maiden or Metallica as the headliner of the "classic metal" day in Rock in Rio (the other heavy metal day is dedicated to younger bands. Probably Slipknot or System of a Down will headline it). Metallica'll play in the Lollapalooza in São Paulo, which basically eliminates them from playing at Rock in Rio. And a lot of sources are claiming that a "huge british metal band" will headline one of the days. Judas doesn't have the strength here to headline the continent's largest rock festival, so there's a huge chance that this band being negotiated is Maiden. The dates on the NA tour reinforces this, they'll have a clear schedule from august on, and it wouldn't be the first time that Maiden ends a leg on a festival. And there's another point: promoters here LOVE to call Maiden (every Maiden concert is guarantee of, at least, 20.000 tickets. In large markets, guarantees a soldout football/soccer stadium, 45.000+. So, a lot of money) and the band loves to play in South America as well. So, yes, I know I'm biased here (unless it's Megadeth, we can't be sure that our continent will see more than 5 concerts per tour. Maiden's a large exception, and they play usually 8-9 concerts for all Latin America. Metallica's last concert here, outside Rock in Rio, was in 2014), but I'm 90% sure that they'll headline Rock in Rio. And, if they do, it's assured concerts in Buenos Aires, Santiago, São Paulo, and a lot probable that they'll do something in the south of Brazil (they didn't played in Curitiba or Porto Alegre, like they did on the last 3 tours) and a couple of concerts in Ciudad de Mexico. They can do those concerts in September, so there'll be a void in August which...I have no idea where they'll play
If that's true that means no new album in 2018.

If that's true that means no new album in 2018.

Not necessarily. Let's assume my daydream'll be true and i'll be able to see Maiden this year. They'll go home in October, Steve's British Lion's tour'll be until december, they can rest until March, gather in April...it's enough to release a new album around Christmas, being optimistic. And just in time to sink in and allow a promotion tour around February. It's possible (probable we can't know for certain)

Won't happen as Maiden don't do gigs three days in a row. Even back-to-back gigs are quite rare these days, altough there are some next year.

Very strong rumours indeed. Did you see Flesch's postings suggesting Maiden will come again this year? That guy is never wrong. And as you said they won't come just for RIR, they'll add at least two more dates. If so, I'll make an effort to go to Sao Paulo. I don't like the idea of going to RIR.

Very strong rumours indeed. Did you see Flesch's postings suggesting Maiden will come again this year? That guy is never wrong. And as you said they won't come just for RIR, they'll add at least two more dates. If so, I'll make an effort to go to Sao Paulo. I don't like the idea of going to RIR.

Yes, Flesch is my main source of hope on this hahaha. I never saw he making a mistake when he announces a tour here. If they come, they'll play in both São Paulo and Rock in Rio, at least. I'll go to the most cheapier venue, except if the lineup i'm dreaming about (Sepultura/Megadeth/Judas/Maiden) is true, in this scenario RiR would be a no-brainer. The bus ticket is almost the same, so the ticket price will be determinant.

I think they might add a second in Brooklyn. The announcement didn't say that all tour dates were announced. There isn't room for any other second nights in North America.

Maiden already played New York (Madison Sq Garden) on the 2016 leg. Newark (June 7) and Brooklyn (July 21) are scheduled for the 2017 leg. Despite being listed as 3 different cities in 2 different states, all 3 of these venues are about 12 miles apart. My point is, as much as I would like another chance to see Maiden, I seriously doubt another Brooklyn date.

Maiden already played New York (Madison Sq Garden) on the 2016 leg. Newark (June 7) and Brooklyn (July 21) are scheduled for the 2017 leg. Despite being listed as 3 different cities in 2 different states, all 3 of these venues are about 12 miles apart. My point is, as much as I would like another chance to see Maiden, I seriously doubt another Brooklyn date.
Could very well be. They didn't say that they are done announcing dates for this year, so I thought a second night in Brooklyn might be possible. Of course it may very well be that they will finish the tour in South America.

i'm doing barclay's in brooklyn. i was already gonna be in town for Phish at madison square garden that weekend so this is gonna be an epic vacation for me.

Won't happen as Maiden don't do gigs three days in a row. Even back-to-back gigs are quite rare these days, altough there are some next year.
Ah. Gotcha. It just seemed to me that, with two days off after TX, one day could be travel to Denver, play the 26th here, drop down to New Mexico, and then head west. Forgot about Phoenix, though... so, yeah... so much for that theory.
But... it's all good. My wife said, "Hey, we could go spend a couple of days of vacation in Santa Fe before the show", so... there you go.
Sorry, Nebraska.

Back