The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

So, again... what about if you buy a ticket and can't go?
There is a slim possibility I'm moving this Spring, further West.
If I buy tickets to Lincoln, but can't use them, am I just out of luck?
I know TicketMaster has Stubhub or whatever, but since you can set a higher price there, it wouldn't make sense you could use the service for this particular system.

I'm not really sure I follow here. Yes, if you buy a ticket and don't go... that's your own problem :p

So, again... what about if you buy a ticket and can't go?
There is a slim possibility I'm moving this Spring, further West.
If I buy tickets to Lincoln, but can't use them, am I just out of luck?
I know TicketMaster has Stubhub or whatever, but since you can set a higher price there, it wouldn't make sense you could use the service for this particular system.

Not entirely sure... after viewing the FAQs on Live Nation, I came across this:

Q: Can I resell Credit Card Entry tickets?
A: That’s up to the artist, team, or venue! If they give the green light you’ll see a Sell button when you click the order number under Order History in My Account. If you don’t see the Sell button it’s probably because the tickets are in high demand, and the artist, team, or venue wants fans like you to get the seats you want at face value by eliminating unfair competition from professional scalpers.

It doesn't really give any info about a scenario on whether you can refund a ticket, if you decide you can't go. I would assume, until proven otherwise, that if you buy tickets via this credit card/mobile entry method, you have to go or you're out the money?

Ya, I might have to tell a little white lie to the others and say we ran into some financial problems and only my dad and I can afford tickets for ourselves. They can still buy their own tickets and we can meet up before the show.

Powerslave and HBTN are both in the tour ad, so therefore they won't be dropped.
I know, but does that mean they're guaranteed to be played? I think the tour ad was more of a best of 2016, rather than a hint at what they will play in 2017.

I know, but does that mean they're guaranteed to be played? I think the tour ad was more of a best of 2016, rather than a hint at what they will play in 2017.
They always play what's in the tour ad. It's like this for a few tours now.

I think I'm just going to do Las Vegas this year, it had by far the cheapest flights from Spokane. Everywhere else got really expensive. I really wanted to do a second date but the dates surrounding the Vegas show are not very good. I wish they would have added a show in the Northwest like Portland, Seattle or Vancouver.

Well, I came to a better solution. I said that whoever wants to go has to send me the money ahead of time and explained about the paperless tickets as well and because of that, they have be absolutely certain they can do this. It's all good for sure. :)

The whole system crashed; everyone's card was showing up as invalid when swiped. A few of us were able to run to the box office and get physical copies printed, but those crashed a few minutes later. It was a complete and utter clusterfuck. Most of the Trooper VIP people were at the barrier before the before the majority of the FTTB folks, who were waiting outside in the rain with the general public. I got lucky and made it in fairly early- ended up with one arm on the barrier.

I get wanting to make things difficult for scalpers, but there's got to be a better way than this.

I remember that night.... I was lucky my card worked and I was one of the FTTB winners... I'll be going to the Tampa show and may just shell out the extra cash for the Trooper VIP meet.. I'm getting seats this time though.... Had my fun at the barrier last year :)

I saw Steve discussing possible set list changes and hope they change some of TBOS songs around... I want to hear The Great Unknown and Man of Sorrows... I hope Children of the Damned is dropped for another rare or deep cut track.... Powerslave would be nice to keep... that was a pleasant surprise... I thought I'd never hear that song again after SBIT.... I can always dream of SIT songs though :)

So, the US tour'll end basically in August. The rumor about Maiden playing at Rock in Rio is stronger every week, and Rock in Rio'll be in late September. They'll probably do 3 more shows at South America (São Paulo, Santiago and Buenos Aires), perhaps 4,. A couple in Mexico, a quick tour in Asia or another small European leg...yep, I'll definitely be able to see Maiden again this year, thank God. I'll need to look at the prices, Rock in Rio will probably be cheapier (and I never traveled to Rio, so, two birds with 1 stone)

Wasted Years is a SIT song :)

to be honest, Wasted Years is one of the few songs I can actually love every time I hear it live. It was nice to wrap up the show with it last year.... I'm hoping for something deeper though. I asked Nicko back in December why they ignore the album and he said he didn't want to comment on it... :(

So, the US tour'll end basically in August. The rumor about Maiden playing at Rock in Rio is stronger every week, and Rock in Rio'll be in late September. They'll probably do 3 more shows at South America (São Paulo, Santiago and Buenos Aires), perhaps 4,. A couple in Mexico, a quick tour in Asia or another small European leg...yep, I'll definitely be able to see Maiden again this year, thank God. I'll need to look at the prices, Rock in Rio will probably be cheapier (and I never traveled to Rio, so, two birds with 1 stone)
I can't see them going to Asia, and they won't do more European shows. I have heard the rumours about South American gigs, but I'd be surprised to see that happen.

If they do more shows, I could see the Rock in Rio and few other South American dates before it .. but beyond that I tend to think that is it for the year minus maybe adding a second show in an already announced city if sales go well enough

If they do more shows, I could see the Rock in Rio and few other South American dates before it .. but beyond that I tend to think that is it for the year minus maybe adding a second show in an already announced city if sales go well enough
I think they might add a second in Brooklyn. The announcement didn't say that all tour dates were announced. There isn't room for any other second nights in North America.

Yeah, they are playing bigger places in the US that they have been in recent years .. a lot more arenas/fewer sheds .. which I am all for during the summer. In any case, I think the tour is pretty much all announced beyond a stray show here or there.

As much as I really liked the first leg of this and am sure I will really enjoy the second leg, I hope there is not a 3rd and next year is either another history tour or ideally a new album and tour for that (doubt it, but it would be cool as hell)

Back