Studio Album #16 - Rumours and Speculation (New Info 27.02.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I have no problem with what Kiss are doing, because everybody knows they are a joke and have been for a long time.

I love Kiss. Allow me one moment to defend them. They're only "a joke" if you expect them to be serious in the first place. The golden rule as a Kiss fan is check your brain at the door and have some damn fun already. I don't have a problem with the merch, as long as their albums deliver the goods.

Has anyone else here actually listened to Sonic Boom and Monster? Sonic Boom in particular was quite good, and Monster not bad.

Stop spewing bullshit. Maiden is a band that plays music. Headphones are used to listen to music. Hence Maiden making headphones makes sense in a way. It's not like they are making coffins or condoms like Kiss.
And Vans shoes are a way of listening to music? :lol:

I'm fine with what Maiden has done with products though. They haven't overdone it by putting their name on every little thing.

To be honest, this kind of hits my definition of 'every little thing':

Maiden-Golf-Balls-1.jpg

I love Kiss. Allow me one moment to defend them. They're only "a joke" if you expect them to be serious in the first place. The golden rule as a Kiss fan is check your brain at the door and have some damn fun already. I don't have a problem with the merch, as long as their albums deliver the goods.

Has anyone else here actually listened to Sonic Boom and Monster? Sonic Boom in particular was quite good, and Monster not bad.
I hated Monster but I agree Sonic Boom was a decent set of rock tunes. Loved it when it came out.
Did he have any say it that?
Not sure. I really don't think he'd have an issue with it though. He was also buried with one of Eddie Van Halen's guitars. The one pictured on the sleeve for VHII.

If Adrian and Bruce hadn't left the band and No Prayer and FOTD had been better albums, Then they'd be in the top 3 for sure.

That poses an interesting question: would Maiden be in the same strong position they're in now had the split not occurred? Would they have continued to, as Bruce thought back in the day, stagnated musically? There's no doubt the reunion was a giant shot in the arm for the band, and it brought the full attention of the rock/metal media upon them at a time when Maiden were more or less being treated by them as yet another dying metal giant.

I'd venture to say they'd still be successful to an extent, but not on the scale they are now. Them fading away a bit during the Blaze years and coming back strong with BNW was perhaps the best thing that could have happened to the band's position in the metal market.

Greetings to everyone! Is there any information regarding the fan club magazine in February and any updates of new album? It's been a quiet from Maiden camp for a long time.

Welcome!

It's been a quiet from Maiden camp for a long time.

Why is why this thread veers between legit discussion about Maiden and near-complete insanity.

Point for legit Maiden discussion: I predict that the first new track released (the lead single) will have a two-word title of the form "Adjective Noun". That prediction includes the noun being singular. I also predict that the new album will contain exactly three songs with the phrase "of the" in the title.

Point for near-complete insanity:
87359_comicretard_complete-insanity.jpg

I predict the album will follow the tradition with numbers in the title and be called 1616, being a concept album based on the life and work of William Shakespeare. Tracks include "Hamlet", "Romeo and Juliet" (Feat. Mark Knopfler) and "Richard III".

Yes, I heard Sonic Boom when it came out and I liked it. A joke was an obvious exaggeration. What I meant is that KISS have for a long time, as it seems to me, a band that is not about the music, but an image (and insane amounts of money). I like some KISS every now and then.

And for the record, the new Iron Maiden record will be about WW2. You know, as Steve is firing Bruce and hiring Joakim Brodén.

Edit: Fuck, did I say that? It's on official yet. Ssssscccch.

Does anyone have an approximate number for how many people work for Maiden when they're on tour?
Sadly not, but that is a good question. I would also be interested in knowing what it costs, on average, to stage an arena gig. Hire of venue, all the gear, travel, crew etc.. and how much they (the band members) take from an individual gig?

Did he have any say it that?

He bought it, and it was his wish to be buried in it.

Listened to Destroyer only. A good rock album. Can I expect something more "metal" from those two?
Kiss is OK, in my view. Apart from Gene Simmons. I just hate that old prick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back