Which band is cheesier?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perun

His name struck fear into hearts of men
Staff member
Cheesevivor_zpsd806b2b5.jpg

For the prologue, see this link.

Vote for the poll option you want to win!

For the second battle in this campaign, go here.

Campaign 1: Hammer Battalion, Battle 1 - Sabaton vs Powerwolf

Sabaton. There is a very nice picture to describe this song.

250px-Passendale_classic.JPG

Powerwolf. Perhaps the only group of people in the world who want to be Romanian (none of them are, despite all their claims), these guys have perfected cheese. Their musical quality is enhanced with excessive gimmickry, their gigs are styled as Catholic masses, and their singer's speeches are so awkward that even I blush of embarrassment. Fun fact: I saw both Sabaton and Powerwolf headline the same venue.

Last edited:
Powerwolf wins this, because the Sabaton song only offers one type of cheese, while the ersatz Romanians give you a whole buffet to choose from. (That bridge. Oh dear.)

This is truly a battle of the cheese giants. I'm going to have to go for Sabaton, as a rich full-bodied cheese, rather than one with holes in it.

I cheated. Powerwolf are cheesier, but the only chance to get me voting against Sabaton is if they are up against Manowar.

Well the prologue states that we are trying to find the cheesiest band, not the best cheesy band.

Wait? Are we voting for the band that's better or the band that is cheesiest? I'm confused. :confused:

I don't think that issue was ever resolved! I'm going for for quality cheese when high cheese meets high cheese.

Back