Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Perhaps, but it's also possible he was not being literal. When addressing a nation you can't assume that everyone knows how it all works, the amount of dumb tech questions family members give alone should show that, this may have been just him trying to get the message across in a simple manner that would make people understand even if it had nothing to do with what was actually required.

www stands for World Wide Web after all, so to many less knowledgeable people they could just assume he means "get rid of a web connection to the rest of the world". For all we know he may be very knowledgeable on the subject and just trying to state it in a way the majority could understand, and you're jumping to conclusions due to existing dislike of the situation.

I'm not jumping to conclusions, I've heard his statements before. The minister before him (same government) made statements like "Technology isn't something to think about, you should just use it and leave it at that". I know where do these people stand. Absurd statements from our government are something to be expected, you're being naive here because of your lack of information in regards to the position our government is in.

This is a classic way of statement from our government members. When Istanbul lost the Olympic bid to Tokyo, our PM said "We'll create our own Olympics if necessary" If something goes in a way our government dislikes, they just come out and say "Screw you, we'll create our own thing then". "Leaving www and creating ttt" is essentially the same thing.

Besides, this is not a matter of semantics or expression, this is a matter of thought. Even considering the banning of internet connection to the rest of the world is absurd.

(Sorry for editing the post a thousand times, having problems with my internet connection at the moment)

Last edited:
Tonight shows a new level of stupidity by my classmates concerning organisation. We had a long long plan of going to a friend's place tomorrow, Sunday. Long plan! And now they call (21:30) and say: where are you? Where the fuck am I supposed to be? Turns out they all gathered today and no one told a thing about it to me because they were all like: "Oh, I didn't tell you because I thought HE had already told you." The guy literally lives 20 km from my home and the last bus has left. Luckily, my dad agreed to take me there when I explained what kind of morons they can be. It drives me nuts because these exact people always fuck up and never let me know of some drastic change until the very last minute. Why don't you learn from your mistakes?

Tonight shows a new level of stupidity by my classmates concerning organisation. We had a long long plan of going to a friend's place tomorrow, Sunday. Long plan! And now they call (21:30) and say: where are you? Where the fuck am I supposed to be? Turns out they all gathered today and no one told a thing about it to me because they were all like: "Oh, I didn't tell you because I thought HE had already told you." The guy literally lives 20 km from my home and the last bus has left. Luckily, my dad agreed to take me there when I explained what kind of morons they can be. It drives me nuts because these exact people always fuck up and never let me know of some drastic change until the very last minute. Why don't you learn from your mistakes?

Yay for dads!

92664478-facepalm.gif

Back