USA Politics

So, Trump is now president. Obama didn't run for a third term or stay in office through martial law. He didn't turn the US into the Fourth Reich, the Communist States of America or a Caliphate. He wasn't the Antichrist, the Rapture didn't happen. FEMA didn't set up death camps and there was no false flag nuclear assault on America. And yet, all those people who said this would happen will act like nothing happened and continue to spew their bullshit, and people are still going to listen to them.

True ... Obama, like any President, did things I liked, did things I did not like ... it is just a matter of how many go into each column. We did not go to nuclear war under Reagan, the Obama stuff did not happen, and most of the Trump turning this into a dictatorship and on and on and on .. will not happen ... and if people look at him objectively when he leaves office, they would say there is some stuff he did that they liked and some that they did not ... again, just a matter of how much goes into one column versus another.

We have witnessed the most divisive inauguration speech ever by a fresh US President. However hard campaigns have been in history, the new President would try to bind people when chosen. A President for all Americans.

There is no inch of indication that this incompetent man with his destructive policy can be a decent president. Trump kicks against Washington. But he became President with help of Washington rules (the dumb voting system).

By the way: Obamacare is more popular than ever. Will he really break this down soon?

400.000 people with Obama's inauguration. 10.000 with Trump. Obama was among the people. Trump will stay in his office.

Last edited:
Obama ultimately goes down as an okay president, imo. Not great, not terrible. His personality was cool, but that doesn't mean much.

His legacy will be short. Obama did a lot of good things people may not be aware of.

Let's make America great again was a 2008 slogan. Then it was needed. Now, only in the rustbelt. For the rest, it goes better than in a long time.

10,000? where did you get that? Most news agencies are reporting

According to WRC-TV, an NBC affiliate in Washington, D.C., an estimated 800,000 people attended Trump's inauguration. That number, however, only includes the supporters. In an interview with The Washington Post, a representative from promotional group Destination D.C. said more than 1,000,000 people were present at the inauguration when you factor in the protestors and participants in Saturday's Women's March on DC.

Though many assume Trump had a low turnout at his inauguration, especially given that CNN reported a number of Democratic senators would boycott the event, it seems to be average when compared to inaugurations of the past. According to NBC Washington, former President Bill Clinton's 1993 inauguration had a turnout of 800,000 people. Former President George W. Bush, on the other hand, saw only 300,000 attendees at his first inauguration.

I opened a link of yours and saw 2016. I am not talking about would happen. I am talking about today's empty field.

I opened a link of yours and saw 2016. I am not talking about would happen. I am talking about today's empty field.

You are right, that was an estimate ... a google news search showed no one has released an official figure ... I agree it was not massive, but it was well above 10,000. But what does it really matter ... 1 person there or 20 million ... he is the President now for then next 4 years.

Hoping for failure ... not a really good hope to have. I do not like a fair amount of things about him ... but I hope he does well

Hoping for failure ... not a really good hope to have. I do not like a fair amount of things about him ... but I hope he does well
Well, you have to, you live there. I think it will be interesting to see what Trump does.

Well, you have to, you live there. I think it will be interesting to see what Trump does.

Like I said .. of the stuff that can be at least somewhat objectively measured .. some will be good, some will be bad .. it is a matter of what the numbers are ... on just policy direction kind of things ... some people will never like anything he does ... I do not care for the Great Big Beautiful Wall, some of his trade policies .. but I like his general outline for taxes, spending (non-military), and regulations. We will see ... luckily he is not a dictator or even a Prime Minister ... tons of stuff still has to go through Congress and/or the Courts ... so we shall see what happened. One thing I do know is nothing is different now than it was this morning.

So, Trump is now president. Obama didn't run for a third term or stay in office through martial law. He didn't turn the US into the Fourth Reich, the Communist States of America or a Caliphate. He wasn't the Antichrist, the Rapture didn't happen. FEMA didn't set up death camps and there was no false flag nuclear assault on America. And yet, all those people who said this would happen will act like nothing happened and continue to spew their bullshit, and people are still going to listen to them.

The excuse the Infowars fucktards are making are adorable.

"TRUMP HAD THE MILITARY ON HIS SIDE, SO OBAMA DIDN'T HAVE THE BALLS."

"WE STOPPED HIM FROM DOING IT WITH OUR RESISTANCE."

These people are proof there needs to be an IQ test to vote.

crowd_split.0.jpeg

Looks like around a quarter of the people showed up for Trump's inauguration. That's OK though.

Obama's was certainly historic for a number of reasons and he had a rock star vibe around the whole deal ... and tons of celebrities ... Trump is none of that. The only part of the ceremony that really matters is taking the oath .. the rest is pretty much fluff

Obama even had Spider-Man on his inauguration

4cc36a31a8e645d232d0412a0b4236dd.jpg

Yeah, I actually did read the issue when it came out (I was a regular Spidey reader up until about '09 or '10 - I remember ASM #700) and as a whole it was not as cringeworthy as this part might make you think, but still...

Back