Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

New China observation: The shipyard workers assemble outside the office building to do morning exercise to music. Brass band music.
:lol: Instant flashback for me! We used to do the same in school back in the 80s and I know that some large factories did the same. Daily teambuilding.

eymFgTD.jpg

The history of Memorial Day is fascinating, starting with the end of the Civil War and ending with Memorial Day Blowout Sales.

The history of Memorial Day is fascinating, starting with the end of the Civil War and ending with Memorial Day Blowout Sales.

That seems to be about every holiday. Somehow Presidents day (formerly Washington's B-day) has turned into big savings on a matress

That seems to be about every holiday. Somehow Presidents day (formerly Washington's B-day) has turned into big savings on a matress
I blame the Uniform Monday Holiday Act, which basically said "holidays are about long weekends". I have nothing wrong with holidays existing for long weekends, mind you - it's the best reason for them - but some should probably mean something.

I enjoy long weekends as well, this one looks like it will be all rain. But the good news is the drought in North Texas is officially over.

One of the Chinese engineers in the project has a funny artifact in his English pronunciation: He somehow manages to make "function block" sound like he's saying "fuckin' block".

Well, the friendly neighbours in Korea are funny too.

For example, they will blush and look away embarrassedly when they hear the word "ship". According to a colleague of mine who used to work with verification of ship control systems, in Korean it means the same as GREAT MUSICIAN means here on Maidenfans.

Surely you've been here long enough to remember that GREAT MUSICIAN was the auto-correct version of a certain four-letter word starting with a c?

Back