Janick joining Maiden

By the way, I've seen Janick fuck up a song so much countless times. Like playing on an instrument out of tuning.

Tuning the guitars is the responsibility of the guitar tech, and the guitar tech only in a band like Iron Maiden. If the guitar goes out of tune during a song, that's unfortunate, but hardly the guitarplayer's fault either. Janick doesn't even do his own channel/effect switching.

Yes and no. Player himself is responsible for corrections in tuning. You can see Steve do that several times during the show.
How is tech going to tune the guitar if player is carrying it on the stage?

At Madrid 99 it was Aces High opener, then Wrathchild. No pause/guitar switch in between. Jan's guitar sounded proper on Aces High, and then not tuned on Wrathchild. I presume he abused his tremolo too much on Aces High ending.

I presume he abused his tremolo too much on Aces High ending.

I've not made a great study of it or anything (not having watched enough live footage), but Janick doesn't really use a tremolo bar live that much, does he? He doesn't use a Floyd Rose like H or Dave. He used his bar occasionally in the early nineties --for example in his lead for From Here to Eternity. I don't recall ever having seen him using a bar post-reunion though.

Yes and no. Player himself is responsible for corrections in tuning. You can see Steve do that several times during the show.
How is tech going to tune the guitar if player is carrying it on the stage?

Easy - you switch the guitar. Janick has no digital tuner on stage, and with three loud guitars it would be impossible to tune accurately mid-song.

At Madrid 99 it was Aces High opener, then Wrathchild. No pause/guitar switch in between. Jan's guitar sounded proper on Aces High, and then not tuned on Wrathchild. I presume he abused his tremolo too much on Aces High ending.

Blame the tech for shite setup job? Vintage style trems are as good as Floyd's (bar range) if you have any clue what you're doing. Check out Malmsteen.

@Maturin

What tech shitty setup job? It's Jan's responsibility to know if his guitar is out of tune.
Vintage trems cannot take what locking trems can. If they could, nobody would use Floyd or Kahler. You are surely aware what PITA is Floyd guitar setup.

It's not only about the tremolo range.

What tech shitty setup job? It's Jan's responsibility to know if his guitar is out of tune.
Vintage trems cannot take what locking trems can. If they could, nobody would use Floyd or Kahler. You are surely aware what PITA is Floyd guitar setup.

It's not only about the tremolo range.

Vintage-style trems can take what locking trems can within any reasonable limits of use, but it requires a good setup from someone knowing the tricks. Again, look at what Malmsteen does with it! Floyds are used because you'd have to be retarded to make it go out of tune and because they have far more range. They are as a matter of fact quite easy to setup if you have any clue about what you're doing. It's a simple system relying on tension and counter-tension for balance. The only reason for Floyds getting the reputation they have is clueless users. The intonation-adjustment is the only thing that's a real flaw in that design, but for anything but recording, a roughed-in intonation is enough and not something you would adjust very often on most guitars - fretted instruments are seriously flawed in that regard either way.

I think I remember there being an attempt at an accurate calculation of that some years ago. It was probably @Forostar who made it.
Yes, with Zare's help. Here's the whole thread with several posts about it.
http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/iron-maiden-members-–-a-rough-overview-of-their-“live-history”.22059/#post-341319

The problem is that I don't know in which month Adrian had left Maiden. I arrived at this:

I agree with Zare that H is longer in the band than Janick but my guess is that the difference in time is smaller:
1-1,5 month if H left in January.
2-2,5 months if H left in February
3-3,5 months if H left in March.

My guess is January:

Before the 6 men line-up:
Adrian: 9 years and approx. 2-2,5 months
Janick: 9 years and approx. 1 month

It would be close between them as Adrian was in Maiden as of 1980. I'm sure the difference is a matter of months or weeks :rolleyes:

uh, he did Ghost of the Navigator with Harris. That is a fvckin epic song in my eyes and I love every second of it
It seems that I should never try to make a joke in english : I always fail miserably. It was obviously ironic. I'm not a big fan of Gers as soloist, but I think he is a very good songwriter, and I love many of his songs, while Burr, who has proposed several songs to Harry, has seen them all rejected, with the exception of Gangland, a song I absolutely dislike.

I got the sarcasm, harrisdevot. But this is the internet, so you might want to use something to indicate it's sarcasm. My personal favourite on this forum is:
:ninja:

Back