The Beatles Survivor 2014: Results - A Day In the Life Wins!

Satsified?

• Total voters
Eiiminated:
It's All Too Much
I'll Follow the Sun
If I Fell

Eliminated:
Paperback Writer
Lady Madonna
John/Yoko

Eliminated:
Strawberry Fields
Get Back

The semifinals begin!

Eliminated:
I Saw Her
And Your Bird
Everybody's Got Something..

Nice. 3 of mine, finally.

All My Loving - we're now into making painful choices. I really like this song. It was also the big American Ed Sullivan debut, and I think history deserves a nod.

Norwegian Wood - nice ballad but the competition has long been too stiff for this one.

Happiness - hate to add this to the vote list, but it's just a little too quirky to be fully classic.

Revolution - dated references.

We Can Work It Out - yecch, I've always hated this song. Lennon's bridge doesn't save it from McCartney's schlock.

Love We Can Work It Out. Top 10 song and a great example of why Lennon/McCartney was a force to be reckoned with.

"All My Loving" - never thought this one was that great, a bit surprised to see it still in the game.

"Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" - like the verses, like the chorus, but they don't go together that well. The song is somehow less than the sum of its parts.

Eliminated:
All My Loving
Norwegian Wood
LSD
We Can Work It Out

Top ten begins!

That's not a bad top 10 on paper.
(Although my opinion might change if I start to think Bout what's missing.

I am not that much into The Beatles (and don't know all their albums well enough to do this whole survivor), but still wanted to react to this top 10.
- I had expected less early material.
- Nothing from Abbey Road?
- This top 10 hardly represents the progressive or experimental side of this legendary group, apart from Day in the Life, Happiness and perhaps Walrus, although this one if more whimsical rather than progressive.
- If we talk ballads, I'd find Long and Winding Road, The Fool on the Hill, Eleanor Rigby or She's Leaving Home much better than Let in Be (nicer melodies).
- No(!) Harrison songs, while the man made many good ones. While My Guitar Gently Weeps or Here Comes the Sun, Something, Within You Without You.
- No Helter Skelter? Too heavy for Maiden fans? ;-)

Last edited:
Awesome energy and riffing. Perfect vocal melodies. I am not getting past that so easily, nor do thousands of maniacs at festivals if it comes on. Also cool that McCartney wrote this (who was more into softer stuff), and not Lennon.
:edmetal:

Back