The Beatles Survivor 2014: Results - A Day In the Life Wins!

Satsified?

• Total voters

Mosh

PM me your Nightwish album rankings!
Staff member
Rules for Survivors:
If you're new, these games are like the TV show Survivor: vote to eliminate the worst, allowing the best to survive. Always vote for your LEAST favorite songs. On this new forum you have unlimited votes; At the end of a round I'll eliminate the "winners"

Welcome to the long awaited Beatles survivor! All the British albums are included, except Magical Mystery Tour which will be the USA album version. I'll also include the Past Masters albums so that the singles will all be represented.

What's with the hate for Hold Me Tight? One of my favorite early Beatles songs.

I certainly don't hate it :) but I think it shines through that the band wasn't really feeling this one, it's also the worst recording on the album by George Martin, really badly produced, although it gives it a sort of garage-y feel. On the positive, it's perhaps the most rocking song on the album, with that driving guitar rhythm and the claps, shame that the bass is almost inaudible, again because of the production. Would have liked it better had the band given it a better performance.

Anna - Please Please Me
Baby It's You
Taste of Honey
There's a Place
It Won't Be Long
Little Child
Please Mister Postman
Hold Me Tight
I Wanna Be Your Man - Not a Second Time

Anna
Please Please Me
P.S. I Love You
Baby It's You
There's a Place
Little Child
Please Mister Postman
You Really Got a Hold on Me
Devil in Her Heart
Not a Second Time

"Chains", "Ask Me Why", "A Taste of Honey", "Till There Was You", "Hold Me Tight", "I Wanna Be Your Man".

Always fun to dig up some of the original tunes that inspired the early club days Beatles on their first two albums before they wrote all the material themselves.....

Here is a few:

I Wanna Be Your Man was also given by McCartney and Lennon to the Rolling Stones to cover:

Last edited:
Eliminated:
Chains
Anna
Devil In Her Heart
Not a Second Time
Little Child

Please Please Me
P.S. I Love You
Baby It's You
There's a Place
Please Mister Postman
Money (That's All I Want)

"Ask Me Why", "Boys", "A Taste of Honey", "Till There Was You", "Hold Me Tight", "I Wanna Be Your Man".

Misery
Ask Me Why
P.S. I Love You
Baby It's You
A Taste of Honey
Till There Was You
Hold Me Tight

Songs like A Taste of Honey, Till There Was You and P.S I Love You (The first two covers) were all precursors to the first proper and excellent McCartney ballad, And I Love Her, which would appear on the third Beatles album, which again could be called the precursor to Yesterdays... but for now, A Taste of Honey, Till There Was You and P.S are just a bit too uncool and sappy for me :D

Last edited:
PPM, except for I Saw Her Standing There, Love Me Do, and Twist and Shout
WtB, except All My Loving and You Really Got a Hold on Me

Please Please Me
P.S
Baby It's You
Do You Want to Know a Secret
A Taste of Honey
Til There Was You
Please Mister Postman
Roll Over Beethoven