The Post Your Own Music Thread

That's pretty fuckin' sweet, Saap. I'd like to have seen it a little heavier, but it is missing bass - maybe you should find yourself a bassist. And a live drummer. And a singer. And someone to do the other guitar bits. But for just your skinny-ass Ethiopian self, it's legit and awesome.

These stuff are pretty much demos anyway, it'd be boosted in quality with proper bass and drums. The overall compositions are tight.

Yeah, real instruments obviously guarantee real quality but I don't want to look for anyone at this very moment because I feel this one-man-band thing is working out for me best atm. I did a bit bad EQ on Oblivion, took out too much bass etc but it doesn't matter, I'm only just discovering this stuff anyway.

hello Irons - please check out my band InnerDream's new, powerful, melodic and catchy track - After Forever. So what do you think of the track?

Finished another song. Took 2 weeks and a lot of frustration because I had to learn to use Soundation, the new program for creating drums and bass (and synth at the very end of the song). This one is a bit different from anything I've done but not too far away, just focuses more on lead guitar. I have been listening to a lot of Satriani (I'll probably be covering Surfing with the Alien and uploading that next) and he's definitely had some influence on me, maybe even a tad bit of Vai in there. Hope you enjoy.
Also, freakish hand movements at 1:34 - 1:43.

Demo of a collaboration with a friend.

https://soundcloud.com/yax90/whiskey-jul-2/s-VzIdT

Triggered drums and her singing. We'll record proper acoustic drums when we're able, and we've also found somebody else to sing (person in question has a bit of an odd voice which is good, although she sounded a bit pitchy in the sing along clip she sent us).

Edit: working link.

Last edited:
That's a beautiful song, @Innerdream! Some parts of the melody seem to meander a bit, but overall, I love it. The shifts into minor are shocking and take it out of that traditional Celtic vibe, which I find quite interesting. Cheers!

Honestly? We've got enough talent here to do some worthwhile "Maidenfans project" music :D

Saap on Guitar,
MrKnicker on Guitar/vocals
Foro/Myself: Drums
Yax Production
Innerdream: Keyboards? (sorry don't know what you play) ;)

I play guitar, piano/keyboards, and wind instruments (though I imagine those wouldn't be as useful in this sort of project :p). Anyway, I'd be very interested in participating if something like this was started!

I'll be the manager. Posting on this forum anywhere is signature that you sign over 95% of your band profit to me. They call me Roderick Smallwood LooseCannon.

Back