The Post Your Own Music Thread

A little "cover" again. Been practising this Vivaldi piece a while. I must say, the outcome definitely isn't perfect, I could improve my playing here but I had fun doing some slightly advanced filming and camera angles.

My initial goal was to play Winter but at this time it is too much for me. There's some stuff on there that is incredibly difficult if you haven't mastered the art of sweep picking. I can play the second movement (calm, nice and slow) but the first is the most challenging.

It's great to hear a different genre on guitar, and I think you made a really good job of it. I imagine changing between musical styles will expand your abilities.

It's rock, it's pretty heavy for rock (but not really metal), but it also has a certain jazz feel to it. Is that the intention or is it just how it comes out naturally?

A few songs can have some unusual rhythms and unexpected changes. Perhaps it's a natural intention. ;)

edit:
two of the band play African rhythms in a percussion group so I guess they take something of that to the band (this song was created before I joined them).

Last edited:
Great playing, Saap! This reminds me a lot of Joe Satriani, especially because of the clouds.

What do you use to record your audio, by the way?

As a matter of fact, I did get some of the ideas for this song just as I started listening to Satriani.

I just connect my amp to my computer (the amp has a Mini USB port), open up Audacity and hit 'record'.

Back