The Post Your Own Music Thread

I kept playing the same melody on guitar and couldn't figure out what it was...turns out it was the main theme from The Lord of the Rings movies.

A few years back, noodling on my bass in my basement (bassment?), I came up with a great riff, and played it for two minutes solid before I realized: it's AC/DC, Hells Bells.

What's really silly: that riff was my ringtone at the time, and it still took me 2 minutes to recognize it.

I got what turned out to be The Clairvoyant stuck in my head when I used to play piano....no idea where I'd heard it.

Usually I'll start playing something a lot and I know it's not a Maiden riff, but it sounds so much like a Maiden riff that I have to let it slip away into the aether.

For some reason I have to try really hard to write something that sounds like Maiden. Pretty much any other band I'll find myself ripping off without realizing it, but never Maiden. Maybe it's because they have such a distinct formula. Just stay away from E C D E (or E C G D)! :p

Oh man, I don't have to try at all. It's a curse. Every time I go to write a metal song I have to make a conscious effort for it not to be a Maiden rip-off.

With the band HeadSmoke we've entered a competition: Art Rocks.

The idea is that artists can make a song inspired by an artwork. The ones with the most votes have a chance to play in the museum where the work is exhibited.

Please check out our song: Here's the link to it and you'll see the painting as well:
http://www.artrocks.nl/acts/headsmoke/

and vote. Just hit the button ...

STEM OP DIT NUMMER!

... and fill in your e-mail address. The address will not be given to third parties and you won't be spammed by the organization/musea.

You'll get one e-mail, with a link. Click the link and hit another button. Done.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hello once again my fellow Irons :)

my project Between Two Worlds has another new symphonic rock/metal track – Gathering of the Wise – this one is more of an epic and has a Druid theme!!!

feedback and thoughts are welcome!

Back