Blaze Bayley

This was virtually perfect. The only issue is during the chorus when Blaze starts sounding like he's really high and really bored. :/

This is an interesting one from Blaze Bayley. Here in Brasil he did two intertwined tours: Russian Holliday and Soundtracks of My Life. The first one he played acoustic with Thomas Zwijsen and Anne Bakker; for the other he was backed by brazilian band THE BEST MAIDEN TRIBUTE BR, along with Zwijsen. This tour was the first where Blaze played "Judgement of Heaven" in electric version and I was lucky to see that live.

That's the best video I could find on YouTube with this version of the song.

Thanks Lira! Always interesting to see a live version of a song that Maiden never did, especially if the original singer is doing it!

I remember walking to Blaze at the end of this gig in 2011, and asking him if he had any plans to include the song in the set list. I said I would like to have a chance to hear it live in Brazil. He said he had plans to include it, yes, and maybe on his next tour... After the Blaze Bayley Band broke up I didn't expect he would keep that in mind. Man, I was wrong! Heard it for the second time (first one was acoustic) and that's really something...

Yes. I know his Brasil agent and a friend of mine also supported his show with a band called Massive Fire. It was january 2013. I stayed with the band in a private room after the show, where they ate. Took pictures had some chat with Thomas and Blaze. It was good fun. Had time to ask Blaze some more questions as why Wolfsbane can't play in Brasil (they aren't very known here, simple as that) and his first band Child's Play. We stayed there even after they left until they closed the place.

This year I just took pictures with him as stayed with friends at the local. Guto, the drummer, send his phone number to me and a friend to have private access for their next show at Nova Friburgo, the day after. He gave me the set list and the fun thing is "The Angel and the Gambler" is listed as "Gay"! haha. I asked why Blaze didn't this special act and he started laughing. At the end I couldn't make to the next show but my friend did and he did also São Paulo - where they were requested to do one more song and so he played "Hallowed Be Thy Name"!

Here's an announcement of a new live DVD from his FB page, for anyone interested:

NEW DVD RELEASE PLANNED FOR NOVEMBER 2014:

I have finally decided on my next DVD. We are recording the set of this tour in Rock Cafe, Prague on 9th of April. This show will form the basic of the main DVD together with an interview from me.

I will also have a limited double disc DVD available (pre-order only - starting in September). The second disc will contain the footage from the De Rots show, recorded in September 2011. Hopefully, I will also be able to add a show recorded in Ukraine at Lviv 2012, we are in negotiations regarding this show.

I am still at the early stages of getting everything together. Today, the hard drive with the Belgian show has been sent to the editors.

All going well, it should be a excellent package with 3 full metal shows. I will keep you updated as the project continues.

Not familiar with the other shows on the bonus disc, or if the Prague show in April will be acoustic with Thomas or full metal shows. Hope at least one show is an acoustic set.

EDIT: Bah! Just re-read it, and he said 3 full metal shows, so no acoustic. Boo!

Last edited:
Back