Most Underrated Maiden song?

The most underrated song is definitely Still Life from Piece of Mind. The whole X Factor -album is underrated too, despite Man on the Edge.

soapymongoose said:
I'm gonna say Don't Look to The Eyes of A Stranger. I put this on this morning and had one of those "hang on a minute, i think the penny's just dropped with this song" moments. In the past the repitition always used to rile me, even though I've always loved the solos and the sudden ending is amazing, but having given VXI my usual "few monthly" listen I think I have been underrating DLTTEOAS*, the intro riff reminds me of These Colours Don't Run for some reason, which is only a good thing, and I'm (finally) willing to look past the mid-section repitition. In fact when it starts Blaze sounds very eerie and haunting which is nice, and certainly worked at 7:30 this morning whilst i was still semi-asleep  :blush: and the build up, musically, is very aesthetically pleasing. It just goes on for sliiightly too long.

*Crikey what an abbreviation  :eek:

I always liked DLTTEOAS, including the repetitions.  Like you said it is eerie, but also Blaze manages to change his intonation on the repetitions, unlike some other Maiden songs that repeat and repeat.

Gates of Tomorrow, Heaven Can Wait, The Clairvoyant, The Pilgrim, Lord of Light, Different World, Rainmaker, Invaders, Be Quick or Be Dead & The Mercenary. Some of my favourite songs & everyone thinks it's the worst of the bunch. When I came on here, I was like, "WTF," when I read the least favourites. HAHA. My favourite out of the bunch is definitely The Clairvoyant though.

Afraid To Shoot Strangers, and Strange World. (or is it Stranger? i never seem to remember)
The latter is one Maiden's most beautiful songs ever, it's simply amazing, and i don't ehar much about it anywhere.

Dance of Death

Yeah, really. I don't get it. Why this song doesn't have five stars? It is just fucking good song, best on the album and still you hear only Paschendale here, Paschendale there. It makes me sick.  :D

Some Hearts said:
^Because Paschendale is awesome.

1UP
I've listened to DoD a week ago, It's so awesome*. I REALLY think that GoT and NF are vastly underrated.

* That's what I like about Maiden's music: you think you know it, and you get suprised how good it is every time you listen to it.

Habberdasher said:
his is one Maiden's all-time classics yet is not afforded the same respect as vastly inferior songs (Run to the Hills, Clairvoyant, Heaven Can Wait, I'm looking at you)

The Clairvoyant is NOT inferior to Gangland. They're on the same playing field.

megadeoxys said:
I REALLY think that GoT and NF are vastly underrated.

Got that right. GoT is awesome. I don't understand it when people say it was one of the worst. This was one of my favourites off the album.

I personally feel "Fear is the Key" from Fear of the Dark is an exceptionally underrated Maiden song. A lot of people bash it, or just don't give two twats about its existence, but i think there's so much more that this song offers than people really give it credit for. I really resonate a lot with the lyrics, I love how the music changes into a frantic pace in the middle with the addition of acoustic guitars (giving it a desperate, on-the-edge feeling), the music itself is great, and Bruce's vocals sound awesome as usual. I personally prefer this to the title track to be honest.

I think Fear is the Key does not display an ounce of passion in the playing, it has the worst guitar solo in the entire discography, and is generally an exceptionally bland number.

Alexander the Great. Not in any of their best of albums, never played live. Of course die hard fans love the song. But that's the key you have to be a die hard fan to know this song& automatically you'll know it's a gem.

Here's my list
- Drifter
- Still Life
- Duellists
- Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner
- Deja Vu
- Only the Good Die Young
- Fates Warning
- Run Silent Run Deep
- Fugitive
- Blood on the Worlds Hand
- Fortunes of War
- Unbeliever
- The Nomad
- Face in the Sand
- Alchemist
- Man Who Would Be King

Is Loneliness underrated? I thought it was fairly well thought of, along with SIT as a whole.
Nomad is one I often end up skipping, and forget it's a much longer song. It's grown on me since I started listening to it in its entirety

How can Somewhere in time be known as a whole? The average fan knows heaven can wait& wasted years but the rest is unknown because Maiden never plays them. There's far more casual Maiden fans than they are die hard fans like us. My cousins love Iron Maiden but the songs they know are Aces high, 2 min, wasted years, fear of the dark, hallowed, run to the hills, trooper, the evil that men do. You know songs that are constantly on the live playlist

Back