Most Underrated Maiden song?

Infinite Dreams, So many people i know who like maiden haven't really listened to this track much because they don't like it , Once it kicks in and gets going its brilliant and arguably one of my favorite iron maiden songs.

I also think Blaze's time+Album's with maiden is underated!

Infinite Dreams is amazing. I agree that some people underrate it, but it's also on one of the most well-received albums of their career. I'd say it gets overlooked by the other songs on the album, as does Only The Good Die Young.

Blaze...I can't say I agree. Other than Clansman, Futureal, Sign of the Cross being incredible, the rest is pretty meh to me.

Agreed. I love "Futureal". If any Blaze era song deserves a place in the set, it's this. Drop one of the tunes from the first two albums for it. Hell, it's barely 3 minutes long!

I would like to add that Rainmaker from dance of death is also quite underrated. The riff and the blistering solo is too awesome. Be quick or be dead should also be played more often I believe.

I think my last list was too long, so I'll shorten it a bit.
- Still Life
- Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
- The Unbeliever
- Deja Vu
- The Fugitive or the Most Complex Song Ever!!!!

Pretty much everything off of Virtual XI (with the exception of Angel and the Gambler, which is a genuine piece of crap) deserves more recognition than it gets. The album has some great gems like The Clansman, Como Estais Amigos,, Two Worlds Collide, an dLightning Strikes Twice, which has one of my favorite Murray solos.

Those are also quality tracks, even though I personally think Futureal is a bit short for my liking: it has such a great riff, it could have been a bit longer.

Virus. Feel free to laugh, but I think this is the best Blaze Bayley song by some distance. I love the opening, the riffs, the chorus and the message of the song. In fact, had the song had another guitar solo after the rats in the cellar part and a final chorus, I think it would have a major chance to be in my top 5 favourite Maiden songs. Without it, it lies somewhere in the late 10's, but as a solid A.

Ehh, I don't remember much about Thin Line apart from Nicko talking at the ending.

OOTSP is my 9th favourite Maiden song.

Thin Line is one of the worst album closers. Bores me to tears. Rest of the album is fine though, first 5 tracks are a killer run. I also think Fallen Angel is pretty great.

Back