IRON MAIDEN TO BRING THE STUNNING MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR TO EUROPE IN 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I've just found out practically ALL accommodation anywhere near Donington/Derby is well and truly fully booked :mad:

My tactic is buying them first and then making it happen! I still don't know if I have a willing companion. I may yet be travelling alone, having paid for two Download tickets, plus whatever it costs for accommodation

You can donate one of those tickets to me if you like haha, I still haven't decided >.<

I've just committed another insane amount of money. It was the cheapest accommodation I could get and it still wasn't cheap :(
Now, I feel the need for a drink to try to relax.

What you should have done was find an all-night pub and just gone there till the trains leave in the morning.

Wasted!!!!! Look at those dates man!

And I've just found out practically ALL accommodation anywhere near Donington/Derby is well and truly fully booked :mad:
It was all way too expensive anyway. I'm planning on getting the train into Derby afterwards and finding a 24 hour supermarket to wander around in for a few hours.

For fuck sake --they've just toured the US! And yet we've still only got one UK date. I just don't get it, why won't they play a few city dates in the UK?

I have a question which gives a spoiler for the tour (not setlist related, but about the Eddie):

Why is Eddie going to be General Custer in Europe etc.?

Hmmm. Well, this is big news indeed. The San Berdoo show is a given for me, obviously -- I wonder whether the big bill means Maiden will need to shorten its setlist? Also considering the Vegas and/or KC shows (my dad lives in KC, this will give me an excuse to visit) -- Wasted, you going to KC?

I might be willing to host a couple of folks if they want to come to SoCal show, though a Maidenfans get-together in Vegas would be epic.

Nush:
If memory serves, they used the Custer Eddie for Run to the Hills, so it makes sense to use it for that song regardless of location -- the historical context of the song is the same, even in Europe.

Hardly. In 2010 the North Americans have only seen one new song.
In 2011 when more new songs were played, only 2(!) gigs were done in the USA.

The tour of which that clip came, was from:

Aeons ago.

2014 or 2015 will be the next time, unless Maiden repeats its 2010 move again (one new song only).

Meanwhile: classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics, classics.

I know, I know --but why? What's the reason?

My guess is everything costs more to run in this country, so the profit is a lot lower, and venues/promoters in the UK don't bid high enough. I can imagine the history tours being of wider appeal than something like the Final Frontier tour, so they want to take advantage of the bigger demand by using huge and modern venues. Possibly fewer suitable venues for a really big show, too? I noticed several of the US venues last year either had the same owner of major stakeholder - a company which owns several venues could put in a better bid.

I know, I know --but why? What's the reason?
It is a strange assortment of dates, I agree. I can understand why they'd play San Bernardino -- it's one of the biggest outdoor amphitheaters you will ever see, in an enormous market (L.A. area), which they usually sell out. Why they'd play small markets like KC, Raleigh and St. Louis is odd. I'm guessing this package of dates from LiveNation will net the band more cash than a couple one-offs.

It looks like Megadeth will be the opener for all these shows. Just got this email ....

IRON MAIDEN will make a brief return to the USA this September, playing seven specially selected shows en-route to Latin America where they will once again headline at the legendary Rock In Rio Festival, Brazil, on 22 September, their show there having recently sold out to 70,000 fans in just a couple of hours
These will begin with a first-ever visit to Raleigh, NC, for the opening show on September 3rd at the Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion followed by taking Metal back to country music capital Nashville, TN where Maiden haven't played in over twenty years, at the Bridgestone Arena on September 5th. There will also be shows in Kansas City, MO, Sprint Center on September 7th, St Louis, MO, Verizon Wireless on September 8th and the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, NV on September 12th , all of which Maiden last visited way back in 2000 on the Brave New World Tour. Plus a return to Austin, TX for a show at the 360 Amphitheater on September 10th, the first time the band have played in that city since the original Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son Tour twenty-five years ago!

Very special guests on all these dates will be MEGADETH.

Before they finally head south towards Brazil, Maiden will also headline a very special event at the San Manuel Amphitheater, San Bernardino, CA. The Battle Of San Bernardino will take place on Friday 13th September. Anthrax, Testament, Overkill and Sabaton will join tour special guests Megadeth for this performance only, making for a big, loud and exciting day out for Metal fans in Southern California.

Tickets for the Las Vegas and San Bernardino shows go on sale 12 April. Tickets for Raleigh, Nashville, St Louis and Austin go onsale 13 April. Tickets for Kansas City go onsale 17 May. Check local details or www.ironmaiden.com for exact on sale times.

An exclusive first ticket pre-sale for Iron Maiden Fan Club members will run on Wednesday 10 April. Fan Club members will also be eligible in the draw to be 'First To The Barrier'. Again, please check the website for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back