The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Frankfurt last year I managed it by just not drinking anything more than nescessary, and no beer anyway. Will do the same this time. People are given each a tetra pack water for free along with their wristbands, and if you don't consume gallons of drinks that'll be fine. Same advice of mine goes out btw for eating not much food ahead of the whole thing. :nonono::ninja:
Don't forget that your bladder is one year older too! :D

In 2006 I arrived at 17:00 and still got right to the barrier. WTF happened?
They did the FTTB thingy back then already? What venue you went to in 2006? Saw them in Stuttgart and also the day after, in Dortmund, that year. While Dortmund was a much more solid show in terms of sound and performance. Plane from Hannover to Stuttgart was delayed, so the first night I was pretty late at the venue. One of my wishes for every Maiden fan is: No one should ever see a Maiden show under circumstance like stress or being in a hurry.

So now that the tour is already going for a while and we all know its details, I'm wondering about one thing: There were - as always - various fake posters on their common internet mission beforehand the tour started, torturing us with fake set lists and all kinds of stuff, wanting to make us believe those were for real. What is the essential thing these people are missing in their lives to be out for having "fun" by bullshitting that way? I never got the point, really.

Last edited:
Btw, as to drinking booze around concerts: I am surprised again and again why people sometimes are getting immensely drunk at such an occasion. When I went to see Bob Dylan in 2000, there was an old hippie entirely blowing himself away ahead of the show, and when Dylan came out, guy was laying on the floor in some corner deeply asleep. I'd consider that a waste of time and money.

I grew up in a town were concerts from well-known bands were not that common, so I cherished the opportunity whenever a band I liked came to play. I remember once seeing someone completely drunk sitting on the floor, completely oblivious to what was going on, when the band were playing. Absolute waste of money if you ask me!

I might have a couple of beers if I am not driving, but I find the whole idea of getting drunk at a gig (or getting drunk in itself) idiotic.

I grew up in a town were concerts from well-known bands were not that common, so I cherished the opportunity whenever a band I liked came to play. I remember once seeing someone completely drunk sitting on the floor, completely oblivious to what was going on, when the band were playing. Absolute waste of money if you ask me!

I might have a couple of beers if I am not driving, but I find the whole idea of getting drunk at a gig (or getting drunk in itself) idiotic.

Yeah, this.
Anyway, isn't the next big city in England always just around the corner? :) So even the smallest UK town does have a metropolition area quite in its backyard, right? :D

Wasted Years still has a discrepency when the riff speeds up just before the solo (H is desperately trying to solve that issue during last few shows by standing next to the drums).
Adrian is a perfectionist as shown here:

Bruce has so far on tour snuck three (?) song titles into his song introductions, Deja Vu, Losfer Words and Sea of Madness.
Speed Of Light too.
A Piece of Powerslave tour with the deep cuts would be the greatest thing ever.
For me - give me a tour with songs like:
The Parchment
Lost In A Lost World/Darkest Hour
Empire Of The Clouds
Shadows Of The Valley
When The River Runs Deep
Isle Of Avalon
Starblind
Lord Of Light
Different World/The Pilgrim/The Longest Day
Rainmaker
Brave New World/Ghost Of The Navigator
The Fallen Angel
Out Of The Silent Planet
The Thin Line Between Love And Hate
Futureal
When Two Worlds Collide
Judgement Of Heaven
Be Quick Or Be Dead
Childhood's End
Wasting Love
Judas Be My Guide
No Prayer For The Dying
Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
Infinite Dreams
Only The Good Die Young
Sea Of Madness
The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
Deja-Vu
Flash Of The Blade
The Duellists
Still Life
To Tame A Land
Killers
Prowler

So many amazing songs that are rarely or never played live! Some of my favorites.
;)
So it looks like there might be a proshot live stream from Hellfest for tomorrow on YouTube? At least there have been for the other bands so far. Does anyone know for sure?
I think the band would have announced it. Maybe there will some pro-shot videos after that? Is this festival during the day? I hope not.

Brucinson very lucky today, since he won First To The Barrier few minutes ago for the Hannover show. :cool:
Double FC membership, registered on the name of my buddy, making things a bit more likely in general... :D
In case buddy & I will be winning FTTB by the other membership as well, I'll let you know and will donate those two spares for Hannover, if someone may.
By the way, this post inspired me to finally join the FC, so Maiden can thank you in my name lol

Last year I went to the venue at 1pm. Managed to get as close as the third row and even caught a pick by Adrian. I was debating if I wanted to join the FC in case I'd win FTTB for Dortmund and now I pulled the trigger. Let's see what happens.

By the way, this post inspired me to finally join the FC, so Maiden can thank you in my name lol

Last year I went to the venue at 1pm. Managed to get as close as the third row and even caught a pick by Adrian. I was debating if I wanted to join the FC in case I'd win FTTB for Dortmund and now I pulled the trigger. Let's see what happens.
It always makes sense when they're touring. An when you are a Maiden Tshirt nerd like I am, a few shirts pay your membership off already. I myself have 46 Maiden shirts all from the official store or concert purchases :D

In 2006 I arrived at 17:00 and still got right to the barrier. WTF happened?
Man, it's stupid now... Less said, the better.

In 2022 it became horrible. And it's getting worse. This year somebody arrived at 6:30am and he was 20th in line in Ljubljana.

Some personal considerations regarding the footage I've seen for The Future Past Tour so far:
  • Cool and daring setlist. I still think it's kinda strange a Maiden show without TNOTB being played but despite loving the title track way more than The Prisoner the latter is somewhat of a deep cut and Maiden dropping songs they played a million times for rare stuff is always welcomed IMO (and there's also a lot of fans that love The Prisoner).
  • All antics, Eddies, backdrops, dual screen animations/ clips, pyrotechnics and lighting are on point but I'd love to see some sort of structure on the stage itself. It looks a bit too "square" for me. Of course that sensation is somewhat made up with the many stuff going on, be it on stage or in the background.
  • IMO Bruce Dickinson has been the star of the crew and really surprised me on this one. Now I'm not of the opinion that he sounds better than back in 86/ 87 (even taking in account that was arguably Bruce's lowest point during the 80's). But IMO his singing is almost on the same level. And if before this tour someone told me that I would get 1986 Bruce's Somewhere On Tour vocals I'd buy it right away. Plus for an almost 65 year old chap he's killing it and what's even more stunning is the fact that in some sections even sounds better than 36 years ago (like the "oooohh oh oh" part on CSIT's chorus) which is nothing short of amazing. My only concern is that at mid point of the tour his voice starts to get tired (like it did for the last 8 years - sometimes mores, sometimes less).
  • Despite playing some really simplified versions here and there, Nicko's effort is also worthy of immense praise. And although the vast majority of adaptations don't steal much of the song's vibes there's an exception and I'd love to listen to at least something similar to the break after CSIT's first chorus. But if it's not feasible so be it.
  • To round things up the trio of 6 strings remain utterly fresh and Steve is still a beast... the man doesn't age a bit.
Veredict: So far so "awesome" and if they drop by I'll surely buy my ticket.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that a lot casual "fans" attending Maiden shows this year, don't recognise much of the Somewhere in Time material. They are instead of the impression that the main element of the set just consists of "newer" songs.

A person I spoke with complained about that they didn't play Wrathchild.
:facepalm:

Last edited:
I find it interesting that a lot casual "fans" attending Maiden shows this year, don't recognise much of the Somewhere in Time material. They are instead of the impression that main element of the set justs consists of "newer" songs.

An older guy complained after one of my shows that "the first half of the set was only new stuff". People are truly clueless.

I find it interesting that a lot casual "fans" attending Maiden shows this year, don't recognise much of the Somewhere in Time material. They are instead of the impression that the main element of the set just consists of "newer" songs.

This is almost as absurd as the guy I spoke last year to, trying to tell me seriously the best ever Beatles' song was "Obladi, oblada". :facepalm:
Ridiculous Polka :facepalm:

Attended both shows in Krakow. It was my first time without spoilers and it was an amazing (and quite surreal!) experience.

The performance was fantastic, I'm just in awe of how great they are at this point in their career. We're really lucky as fans. And Bruce in particular... I couldn't believe how great he sounded on CSiT. I thought it's impossible for him to sing this now and he totally crushed it. Overall, I didn't hear him struggling at virtually any point of the set and he seemed to be in a significantly better mood than he was last year.

The crowd on the first night was pretty insane and even though I would hate to be down there (looked borderline dangerous at some points), I think the band was enjoying such a lively reaction.

The setlist was very nice, with a few personal disappointments. DotC is my least favourite song from Senjutsu, so there's that (but I have to admit it works better live than it does on the album for me). Was hoping for The Parchment big time. I also really wish they played Stratego. I got really worried at FotD, because the song I was looking forward to the most was Hell on Earth. Luckily it was there and it's BY FAR the biggest highlight for me. I was also very happy with TWotW sticking around. SiT picks were super predictable, but that's fine, it was all nice to see. Oh, not sure about other shows, but Bruce trolled us with introducing Deja Vu and Sea of Madness - NOT cool! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back