Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Be Quick Or Be Dead

• Sun and Steel

• Total voters

Dr. Eddies Wingman

Brighter than thousand_suns
Just for fun, I sorted all Maiden's studio tracks by length. If we set the limit at 3:30, we get 13 songs. Choose the two you like best.

My favourites here are:

Judas Be My Guide. This fast and quite furious rocker from Fear of the Dark is too underrated. I think the melody is very catchy and the lyrics are good - so is Dave's solo.

Ghenghis Khan gets the other vote. I like both instrumentals from Killers, but I think Ides of March serves too much as an intro to Wrathchild. Genghis Khan has got more substance, so to say.

This is a cool poll but difficult. GK will be one of the two, I'll give the other some more thoughts.

Wrathchild and Futureal.

Both are pretty catchy and have really nice solos. I really like the Futureal solo in particular.

Habberdasher said:
I went with Wrathchild + Sun and Steel, but would have gone with Rainmaker. That's pretty short, no?

Yes, Rainmaker is also short. It runs 3:48. But I wanted to put the limit at a "round" number, and if I had put it at 4 minutes, I would have had to add 14 more songs. I thought 13 songs was enough.

Genghis Khan
Sublime instrumental, with many different ingredients. It has an excellent last one and a half minute. That bass line, those different riffs by Dave and Adrian and on top of that that cool lead by Adrian. This groove sounds like a preview of Hallowed Be Thy Name. Probably my favourite ending of all Maiden songs, and by far my favourite song from Killers.

Futureal
I like this one better than the others because of its drive and catchiness. That solo and the part right after that is my favourite part. Very dynamic stuff with those accents. Did you guys notice that the riff under the solo sounds as HELL like the riff in The Wicker Man?

Or better: The Wicker Man's opening riff sounds really like a recycling of this one.
Check -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L21zxSAKAwU between 1:30 and 2:00.

Very close behind: Purgatory.

Back