Worst/Best Maiden Lyrics

I didn't check to see if it's been mentioned but "..a briefcase, a lunch, and a man on the edge" is up there for goofy lyrics.  I get that it makes sense contextually...but damn is it literal and goofy sounding.  And WTF does "baking is wild" mean?  I still love the song though.

"I've lived in filth, i've lived in sin, and I still smell cleaner than the shit you're in"  :lol:

Prowler_108 said:
Fear of the Dark has a great intro lyrics wise, but after that it becomes melodramatic and cheesy

I don't agree.

And by the way, some of you hate Sanctuary.

Though a simple song, however, i always like this two lines:

I've never killed a woman before, but I know how it feels.
I know you'd have gone insane if you saw what I saw

I don't know why, they just seem interesting and quite fitting to Maiden's first symbols.  :p

I think all the charlotte lyrics are pretty embarresing, and of course historical inaccuracy makes me cringe a bit, but in the end for me the most disappointing lyrics are those for "to tame a land". This is only because I really, really love the song and think the mumblings about some fanntasy seroe is totaly unexiting,  so it's in the perspective between the music and the lyrics I find it lacking. Otherwise I think they really squeezed out some good stuff on the X-factor. also I think the lyrics have approved through the years, the diference from early Di'Anno stuff, mid 80's and their later releases is favourable in a litteral sense =)

The chorus of Brighter than a Thousand Suns goes pretty hard

Out of the universe, a strange love is born
Unholy union, trinity reformed

Can mean two things:

Strange love, as in humanity's love for power
Unholy union, perhaps a statement regarding our union with science and whatnot
Trinity reformed, as in we're reforming the Holy Trinity by trying to use nuclear bombs, what many called 'Playing God'

-or-

Strange love, there was a Dr. Strangelove who wrote some book about the A Bomb (or something that could tie in)
Unholy union, referring to the union of atoms to create the explosion in the bomb
Trinity, the name of the site where the first bombs were tested

The main source for this reference is Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb, by Stanley Kubrick.

Best lyrics-

Nicko: I told 'im "DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN!"

Steve: No.

Bruce: That's crazy.
Steve: But what?...
Bruce: What 'appens if the lighting truss is gonna fall down on yer 'ead? Does 'e go?...

Nicko: Well then somebody drags me out o' the fuckin' way, or else I'm dead, right?

Bruce: Yeah, but don't...I mean...you know.
Steve: I fink your a'itude is totally fucking out of order.
Nicko: No it ain't. No it ain't.

Steve: Yes it is.

Nicko: No it ain't. If I'd 'a known...now I'm the fuckin' cunt all of a sudden.

Steve: No, you're not the cunt.
Bruce: You're not a cunt.

Babo 91 said:
Best lyrics-

Nicko: I told 'im "DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN!"

Steve: No.

Bruce: That's crazy.
Steve: But what?...
Bruce: What 'appens if the lighting truss is gonna fall down on yer 'ead? Does 'e go?...

Nicko: Well then somebody drags me out o' the fuckin' way, or else I'm dead, right?

Bruce: Yeah, but don't...I mean...you know.
Steve: I fink your a'itude is totally fucking out of order.
Nicko: No it ain't. No it ain't.

Steve: Yes it is.

Nicko: No it ain't. If I'd 'a known...now I'm the fuckin' GREAT MUSICIAN all of a sudden.

Steve: No, you're not the GREAT MUSICIAN.
Bruce: You're not a GREAT MUSICIAN.

Pure win here!  :bigsmile:

Yes!!! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahah... Gonna listen to Powerslave in a few minutes as part of the marathon 'til The Final Frontier and I'll listen to this one, definetly! :lol:

Before reading the lyrics to Rime... I thought Bruce was saying, "and the ship sails on back to the north, through the fucking ice..."

Back